Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • DX battery Pack – waterproofing?
  • robbo1234biking

Ok sorry to start another thead but I have searched the forum and although some people have mentioned concerns about the battery pack's waterproofness and a few have mentioned wrapping it in clingfilm I haven't seen any pics. Has anyone got any pics of their attempts to make it more waterproof?

Also will wrapping it in things such as cling film cause it to overheat or anything like that? Cheers

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Why does it need to be waterproof?

I used to race radio controlled cars, the cells in those aren't wrapped in anything, and you can trawl them through as much water as you like with no problem at all. 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

You could just put a bit of silicon sealant around where the cable goes into the battery pack. Or stick it in an old bit of innertube.

chilli
    Free Member

I just replaced the crapy battery bag with a lumicycle elite one (£4.99) and it's been spot on so far,done a couple of really wet rides and battery was still dry when i got home.

robbo1234biking

OK cool – I didnt think the actual batteries themselves needed to be waterproof but there is some circuitry on top that I was concerned about. I have got the lumicycle bag in the post so hopefully should be fine!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

circuitry on top that I was concerned about

Ahh. I'll shut up then. 🙂

robbo1234biking

Some pics here from a post from Trout on Candlepowerforums

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Self-amalgamating tape and/or Plastidip?

Jamie
    Free Member

chilli – Member
    I just replaced the crapy battery bag with a lumicycle elite one (£4.99) and it's been spot on so far,done a couple of really wet rides and battery was still dry when i got home.

Link please.

robbo1234biking
    Jamie
    Free Member

Nice one cheers! Is the standard bag that comes with the DX fairly poor then?

robbo1234biking

There are some pics on this thread:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dx-light-a-few-picssoz

But mine didnt come with that bag! It would be ok if I was helmet mounting and putting thebattery in my bag but I want mine on the bars so ordered the lumicycle one

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘DX battery Pack – waterproofing?’ is closed to new replies.