Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • dx bastid
  • easygirl

is it a lupine tesla in disguise?

Jamie
    Free Member

Looks like one but isn't one.

CountZero

Very similar design, and both use the very same emitter, the SSC P7. the Lupine is probably a bit better machined and weather protected, and the battery may well be more powerful, but whether that justifies the £225 difference in price is a whole other issue. Personally, I'll stick with my DX and my Troutelight for that sort of money.

easygirl

just wondering why spesh are giving them away with some new bikes, cant see how it can be better sealed than the dx,
    it would be interesting to look inside a tesla, and see waht the difference actually is.
    remember brant posting up a pic of a load of easton bars being made alongside no name ones in a small factory!!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

which bars were they?

i have just got some Funn Fatboy bars and they are identical in every way to my Syncros bulk (bar decals)

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

In answer to the op – no. Not in disguise – but an illegimate relation with all the basic characteristics. I'd guess the lupine was sent to china to be manufactured and they (dont sue me) decided to clone it. Its not EXACTLY the same but I saw a rollover beamshot recently and couldnt tell the difference.

IMO the lupine will be more reliable and will have UK support. The DX may need the support of some bodging and a soldering iron and you probably wouldnt trust it as much as a lupine. Also the DX battery pack just isnt waterproof (eg cardboard ends and a hole where wire comes out and you can see the circuit board) and I imagine the lupine is but the DX can be "fixed" with some cling film and sticky tape and silicon sealant.

Is it as good – probably not. Is the Lupine £225 better – depends on how much £225 is worth to you.

PS I've got a DX. Its gone dodgy on me after 4 weeks – but I enjoy the challenge of fixing it. If I could afford £225 extra – would I buy 4 spare DX's or just 1 Lupine – personally I'd have to go with the former and deny the tax man his 35% cut. But that's just me and my penchant for fettling.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘dx bastid’ is closed to new replies.