Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • DW 5 Spot owners….
  • tops5
    Free Member

Could anyone tell me the dimensions of the "5 Spot" lettering on the top tube? I'm having some new decals made for my HL Spot and fancy the newer "block" style.

Cheers

Gary_C

Just a thought,why not order a full set of new decals off Silverfish or direct off Turner?

Having said that though,here's the measurements:

End to end: 130mm. Height: 12mm. Each letter is 25mm wide.

Remember,there's a 'dot' just after the 5 as well.

EDIT:

Here's a shot of the rest of the bike,just before its 1st ride.Only built it up last week.

coogan
    Free Member

Ironically, I just took mine off to put the older style on.

shortbaldone
    Free Member

lovin that bike,heres my arm in exchange, now give it here!

cakefest
    Free Member

i'd like to replace my 5 yr old decals on my polished flux. what's the best way to get them off cleanly? thanks.

Vortexracing

that spot is very nice.

how is it with 160mm forks on?

tops5
    Free Member

Thanks Gary, turner are only doing the stickers in silver and not offering the 5 spot logo so will try the custom made route

Lovely bike btw!

Gary_C

Chucky & tops,thanks for the comments guys.

It rode very well with the 160's on,steep climbs were not the problem I thought they might be with big forks & the back end didn't seem to 'squat' under load.

However,to match the rear travel of 140mm,i've put a 20mm spacer in the forks (36 FLOAT's),to drop them down to 140mm.I meant to try this new set up out this weekend,but due to circumstances didn't manage to ride at all… 🙁

mrpink
    Free Member

coogan is that a medium frame?

coogan
    Free Member

That it is mrpink.

mrpink
    Free Member

I fancy a coil shock on my medium spot,just concerned about downtube clearance.

qcamel
    Free Member

I often see people talking about the coil shock on the 5's, what does it do to the bike dynamics?

coogan
    Free Member

Clears it fine, the bottom of the coil is a bit close to the brace they put in on the 2010 verisons down at the bottom of the seat tube, but doesn't touch. Dunno abut the dynamics, I just prefer the feel of a coil personally.

qcamel
    Free Member

Sorry, I sort of meant feel. How does it change, whats the different feeling?

coogan
    Free Member

I demo'd it with an air shock, which felt great, but I've always just preferred the smoother feel of a coil shock. Plus they look cooler. 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘DW 5 Spot owners….’ is closed to new replies.