Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • DVO Topaz?
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Has anybody had any dealings with the new DVO Topaz shock? I’ve seen the 7 page long thread on mtbr with people ranting about it but just wondering about any UK dealings so far.

Looking at getting it to replace a DB inline shock on my mk1 Bronson.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I wouldn’t go past a Fox X2 to try it out.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The Fox X2 is pretty much the go to rear shock at the moment. I wouldn’t bother with the Topaz.

ehrob

I’m looking seriously at it as an X2 doesn’t fit on a Scout. Seems well reviewed but don’t know anyone who’s got one. Doesn’t really put me off as long as warranty ok.

They’re a fair chunk cheaper than an X2, a Float X or a CCDB Air, which are all a bit bonkers cost wise.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I’ll be putting one on my Solo straight away when funds allow.

Cheaper than X2, hugely tuneable and completely user serviceable.

GolfChick
    Free Member

The X2 is also £200 more expensive and is about 130g heavier from intial googling!

GolfChick
    Free Member

and it seems to now only come in 200×50 whereas the Bronson is 200 x 57 shock. The only thing putting me off is wondering who will support it warranty wise as I see no mention of them on TFTuned website.

alpineharry
    Free Member

Looks like Silverfish are the distributor so would probably go through them if a warranty issue arises?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve had mixed experiences with the distributor, Not one I’d rush into using again tbh.

However, I know someone who by-passed them with an issue, and DVO were very good.

ehrob

Yep. DVO have a good rep.

UByk are banging them out for the best price I could find. No idea about what they’re like.

Might be worth speaking with TF about them and seeing if they’ve got plans to start servicing them – they do service DVO Jades and a fair few of the bits between the two shocks are the same.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘DVO Topaz?’ is closed to new replies.