Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • DVD to Android tablet
  • Innes
    Free Member

I have tried handbrake to put DVDs to my tablet, but I think I need to use other software first, I can’t seem to work it out other wise.

I tried Vidcoder, but the video was unwatchable.

How do you put DVDs on you android tabet?

Thanks.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

As an .mp4 rip with x264 video and AAC audio. Which is what Handbrake gives you if you select “Normal” or “High Profile”.

Why do you need other software? If you can’t rip protected discs, use AnyDVD by Slysoft. If you can’t play rips: install VLC on the tablet.

cranberry
    Free Member

You’ll need to sort out the copy protection before using handbrake.

I use AnyDVD from Slysoft.com.

Have AnyDVD running on your PC – it automatically negate the copy protection of any DVD that you put into the drive. Then run Handbrake ( with suitable settings ) and Bob’s your uncle.

If you have a bunch of DVDs to do and enough space, then it is a good idea to copy the contents of the DVDs to your hard drive and queue up the transcodes in Handbrake, walk away and come back in a day or so.

Innes
    Free Member

Thanks.

stumpy01

I use Handbrake and there’s only been one dvd so far it failed to rip.
    There was a dll file i had to find and install that helped the success rate (Google something like ‘handbrake encryption dll’ for info.

I just set it to ‘android tablet’ using the preset options.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

AnyDVD doesn’t quite manage to crack all the discs, but unless your machine is dog slow you’ll be able to rip a lot in the 21 day trial period.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

WinX latest version has an option for tablets including ipad. Not tried it out but sorts copy protection etc. out perfectly on laptop

Innes
    Free Member

With Any DVD running, I re-recorded on Handbrake and it worked perfectly.

Before that the video was pixilated when watching on the tabet.

Thanks for the replys.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘DVD to Android tablet’ is closed to new replies.