Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Duvel
  • julianwilson
    Free Member

Just had the one (my 'fee' for fixing mate's bike). Crikey, I think I might have to have to have a little nap now. 😳

That is all.

chipps

And I need to buy two cases of the stuff on Saturday. It's payment for volunteers at my 'cross race on Sunday 🙂

Er, anyone know where I can buy whole cases? Mmm… Duvel…

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Majestic sell it by the case….

ton

we finished a ride in the pyreness, in a bar owned by a dutch family.
    named The Ribenty if you are ever passing.
    anyway, we asked for 6 beers, a reeled off a list he had, the only one i recognised was duvel.
    we had 6 rounds of it.
    omfg was i drunk………….. 😉

cranberry
    Free Member

A friend and I finished off a bar's supply of Leffe. He had the good sense to wander off home. I stayed and asked what beer they had – the only name I recognised was Duvel.

Very quickly there were two of everything, and I misplaced the part of my brain used for coordinating limbs and eyes.

There should be some sort of warning on the bottle.

clubber
    Free Member

Bit like when a whole bunch of us had been racing all day in Brugge and drank kwak all night at the hostel bar not realising how strong it was… Training the next day was 'fun'…

firestarter
    Free Member

oh kwak now theres a drink i used to hammer when i lived in belgium 🙂

Smee
    Free Member

nice and hoppy isnt it. i think it was hops i could taste, dont really remember tbh – a bit fuzzy 😀

ton

me and mrs ton had a couple of pints of kwak in a bar in the center of st omer in the summer
    very strong nasty stuff……….

clubber
    Free Member

You're clearly wrong. It's lush!

firestarter
    Free Member

when i first moved over there i asked in a bar for a dark beer like guinness i was given a chimey with a purple label iirc it was like tar lol 🙂 my fav stuff is belle vue kreik but i cant seem to buy crates any more over here 🙁

rusky
    Free Member

We have some Belle Vue Kreik. Aso some Delirium Tremens(8.5%), devil beer & 4 crates of Kasteel bier 12% compared to Duvel's 8.5%!

We also have quitte a few glasses to go with the various beers thanks to a good Belgian friend!

ourmaninthenorth

Duvel? Drink for girls.

I've been on Chimay tonight. 9% proper beer!

Hic!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection!

It was a mere £1.27 a bottle in sainsbury’s today.

Hic.

That is all.

slimraybob
    Free Member

Damn it I just paid £1.28 in bloody Asda.

julianwilson
    Free Member

😆

DrRSwank
    Free Member

It’s $2.99 a litre bottle in the off-licence near my hotel in Jersey…..

_tom_
    Free Member

Too fizzy but at least it’s strong enough that after a few you won’t care about that 🙂

Wozza
    Free Member

Last month I went to Bruges on a beer tasting trip, it was awesome. So I was searching, without much luck (although I did find this thread) on where to buy a crate of Duvel in the UK for a reasonable price.

At the moment it’s considerably cheaper to buy it by the bottle from Sainsburys than in bulk. Does anybody have a good supplier?

Cheers

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

try here

http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/

Was in Amsterdam recently, and this place was round the corner, highly reccommend it if you’re over there.

http://www.indewildeman.nl/index.php?lang=en&page=0

Wozza
    Free Member

That put my Dutch to the test! I’ll definitely give it a look next time i’m there. Cheers.

Tried the other place, fits in with the going rate it’s £2.39/bottle vs Sainsburys at £1.78/Bottle.

Sainsburys it is then!

highclimber
    Free Member

Tastes vile IMO. if you like strong beers I suggest you try Kwak! Much nicer

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Or try a local suppliers – plenty of local beer selling establishments.

Or Majestic Wine Warehouse.

Wozza
    Free Member

Tastes vile IMO. if you like strong beers I suggest you try Kwak! Much nicer

Woke up one morning after “a quiet night out” to find 15 bottles of this in the kitchen… and a splitting headache.

highclimber
    Free Member

The headache is worth it!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I once had some beer called Lucifer and I hallucinated.

LoCo
    Free Member

mmm that’s a bit pokey isn’t it 😯

yunki
    Free Member

hmmm.. a rebranded and bottled version of this perhaps..no harm in that but don’t kid yourselves that you’re being hip or sophisticated..

Raindog
    Free Member

What, Galaxy ?

yunki
    Free Member

quite

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Duvel’ is closed to new replies.