Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Dusty dusty dusty!!!!
  • sargey

Five of us did a loop from stourbridge through Blakemore into hurcott woods and back via kinver.
    How dusty and dry were the trails.
    Great fast ride 😀

P-Jay
    Free Member

Castle Coch and surrounding areas last night – bike came home slightly cleaner then when it left – trails are just perfect, that sort of slightly tacky loose mud stuff I only thought existed in Bike Vids.

hatter

And my ankle’s still rogered 👿

stevied
    Free Member

Yep, fast and dusty on the Malverns last night 😀

Kamakazie

Yup, North Cardiff has been fast for a couple of week now.
    Best get that faster rolling tyre on for the weekend 🙂

submarined
    Free Member

Sussex trails and Friston last week were sooo dry and fast, but very dusty and loose.

[video]https://vimeo.com/213486608[/video]

Currently looking for new tyres as my trusty ‘OK in most conditions’ HRIIs were turrrrrrrrble.

EDIT: Stoopid vimeo.

oldejeans
    Free Member

It’s perfect out there at the moment, no nettles, brambles, bracken or mud. Wide open. Tremendously fast. All that dust looked amazing with our lights.

sandwicheater

Hope to get a new dropper fitted tonight and will report back from Huddersfield but judging by my jog this morning, it’s going to be ace!

GolfChick
    Free Member

Did you mean Blakedown? But yes Hurcott and Kinver is hugely dry at the moment. I’m even venturing into the wyre tomorrow morning!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Yep.

S Wales was bone dry on Wednesday.

kimbers

last night at Woburn was great to see all the dust motes in my light beams

shame the trails are so rutted from all the winter mud & dried rock hard!

sargey

Yes golfchick Blakedown ,flippin auto correct.

medoramas
    Free Member

And there is always that one muddy puddle which makes you brake to stop, just to ride/walk around it to keep the bike clean…

chakaping
    Free Member

Pretty dry up in the NW Highlands this week too…
    [img]https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18033510_10155059630461501_7846784606915725258_n.jpg?oh=f0254d1683707650ab318ed4725a7a63&oe=5980C24D[/img]

jekkyl

it is mint int it!? spring is the best time before all the undergrowth takes hold and blocks off loads of trails with heather, bracken, brambles and nettles!

maxtorque

kimbers
    last night at Woburn

First time back to woburn for months this arvo, as i’ve not really been biking much this year due to other comitments, but wow, the trails were #hyperbuff (<< i’m trade marking that one!)!

Just enough dry dust to tear around, but with firm support underneath, means super super fast trails, and it seems most of the back woods trails are mostly back together again (after all the logging), and a few in particular are back even better than before!

Even time to grab a quick selfie, whilst t’others were chatting about stuff 😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Looking forward tomorrow despite the rigid 29er being borked brake wise. Jekyll or Fatty Trail? I’ll chose in the morning depending on where…

johnny

Chilterns were bone dry this afternoon, loads of lovely bluebells, but CBA with stopping for photos! Some trails I’ve not seen fully dry for a couple of years, and some descents staring to break up and get drifty. Noice.

dufusdip
    Free Member

I don’t like it this dry! Had the front go on me several times and crapped myself. Prefer a light shower to dampen it down, old Mary isn’t do magic and is struggling.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Sat in the office on overtime… working hard obviously still grinning from last nights dusty sunset ride, wanted to stop to take photos but also wanted to just enjoy the moment still managed to sneak one in whilst waiting at the top of a climb:

Keep me inspired!

Onzadog
    Free Member

There’s still some mud in the Peak District if you know where to look.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Dusty dusty dusty!!!!’ is closed to new replies.