Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dust Extractors – Help!
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Can someone please explain the bewilding world of dust extractor adaptors to me. I’ve spent two hours on this and am getting nowhere.

I’ve got:
    An Axminster dust extractor with two hoses. One has a 37.4mm O/D 31.3mm I/D snozzle. The second has a 58mm O/D 52.55mm I/D

I want to connect it to my:

Makita 5704R circular saw – 38.2mm O/D 30mm I/D and
    Makita MLS100 chop saw – 37.34mm O/D 32.8mm I/D

What adapter(s) do I need? All I get is pages of part numbers with next to no description?!!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

interested in this too, may i ask what extractor you are using?

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Axminster WV100. I got it off Gumtree for £35. It’s got loads of suction, but I can’t connect it to anything!!

maccruiskeen

Axminster sell stepped adaptors that you can cut to size but they’re a bit cumbersome and don’t work too well with handheld tools

Best solution I’ve found is going into B&Q and buying a bunch of straight couplers in different diameters for use with waste pipe, conduit etc. Then sleeve them inside each other with a bit of gaffer tape to make my own adaptors.

A couple of bits of 30mm OD pipe, packed out with varying amounts of gaffer at each end would fit inside your 31.3mm hose and either of your tools. or you could pack out the hose and the ports on the tools and use a straight coupler from 40mm waste pipe

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

That is basically what I was doing with my old dyson hoover. I bought the dust extractor because even with the gaffer tape I found it kept falling out after a couple of goes.

trail_rat
    Free Member

For hand helds ok i lost the quick change ability but the thing not falling out was great”

I use jubalee clips and just keep a 1/4 nut driver in my pocket when switching about.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dust Extractors – Help!’ is closed to new replies.