Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dusk til Dawn – Weather – You've guessed it. Its gonna rain!
  • mdb
    Free Member

In typical fashion the fantastic weather comes to an end just in time for D2D.

According to latest forecasts we can expect heavy rain on Friday followed by light rain Saturday and sun on Sunday.

Just hope its not a repeat of last year!

stumpy01

That's the spirit!! Nothing like a decent does of optimism!! 😉

From the look of it, the worst of the rain will be on Friday – depending on how bad that is, it will potentially help damp down the dust & sand a bit. Get stuck behind a few riders in the singletrack at the moment & it's very dusty. Also the sand is making some bits slow going, so a bit of rain will be a good thing. Not too much though.

Then, so long as the rain on Sat isn't too heavy (and stops long enough for me to put my tent up) then it shouldn't be too bad. At least it will keep you cool.

mdb
    Free Member

Stumpy, I take it you didn't do it last year?

stumpy01

Yep, I did it. It was interesting. 😀

To be honest, seeing as it's my usual riding location I am used to riding there in the absolute tipping down rain – the last two summers have got me used to it – it was just the 12hr bit that became a bit choresome & the fact that I had no dry clothes to do the latter laps in.

Oh, nuts! It was meant to say 'dose' in the first line of my initial response, not 'does'.

burley_bob
    Free Member

It has not really rained in Norfolk for the last 6 weeks. Everywhere is dry, dusty and bits of the course are a little "loamy" to say the least! A little rain would "do well" (as we say) Otherwise it's pretty much like riding an 11 mile pump track.

flatfish
    Free Member

think yourself lucky it's raining, i'm off to skye tomorrow riding for a week and it's going to bloody snow.

simonk
    Free Member

Last year was……interesting hehe, enough rain to make Bergen look dry

bigsi
    Free Member

I looked at metcheck today and it said light rain between 7pm & 10pm then showers till 1am but at most 1mm over each 3 hour period.

Hardly the 4" we had over the 12 hours last year 🙄

FWIW the BBC and Met office official sites will always predict rain if there's over a 20% chance.

verses

Last year was……interesting hehe, enough rain to make Bergen look dry

Enough rain to make Atlantis look dry…

mtbmatt
    Free Member

In typical fashion the fantastic weather comes to an end just in time for D2D.

I thought last year was the first time it has rained? 😉

stumpy01

It's looking up by the hour…..

I am fully expecting Carol Kirkwood on BBC Brekkie tomorrow to say that the East will remain dry this weekend.

You'll spot me at the race by the HUGE grin on my face compared to the misery of last yr.

njee20
    Free Member

Hows your back doing Matt? Hoping to retain your title I hope?

Looks like it'll be windy and dry. I reckon the ground will swallow a reasonable amount of water anyway with no ill effect, much like the Gorrick 12:12 thing, Theford drains quickly after all.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dusk til Dawn – Weather – You've guessed it. Its gonna rain!’ is closed to new replies.