Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Duro Crux 29 x 3.25
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Anyone got one?

bonesetter
    Free Member

I take it that’s a no

Ok, who wants one?

lotto
    Free Member

I’d be interested in giving these a go. Thinking of moving across to a JJ+ from my SF and they seem to be well regarded by the man himself.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I am running 3″ on my JJ plus and can like them

Want to try the extra quarters

Swayndo
    Free Member

I had a 650b one on the front of my Stooge but didn’t trust the sidewalls so switched to a NN. Tread reminded me of Tioga Factory DH on steroids.

If anyone wants it …

bonesetter
    Free Member

Swayndo – ygm

lotto
    Free Member

Where did you buy the Crux from bonesetter? How do you find them on the JJ+ and what sort of riding do you do on them?

bonesetter
    Free Member

lotto – I haven’t got one, but would like to try one 🙂

JJ had a few which sold out pretty quick, and a couple of the guys on mtbr have grabbed a few (one place was in Italy IIRC!)

Jeff seems to prefer these on the PLUS. I swapped back to summer rubber for the weekend’s riding (Chronicle front and Chuppa rear) which are lighter and bigger volume – I liked that better so am keen to try the Crux

My riding is woods and XC, all pretty smooth but can get well muddy

zinaru
    Free Member

i like the look of these. ive been pretty impressed with the dirt wizard though in the slop. are they available in the UK?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered one from the Jones website – be interesting to see what it’s like 😉

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

My Crux 29×3.25 arrived yesterday, it was a nice surprise – as I’d completely forgotten about it 🙂 I,ve put it on a 35mm rim, since I’m waiting for a new 50mm wheel to be built. Measures 77mm on the casing, and 81mm on the knobs, though this is at 40psi. Hopefully it’ll stretch a bit by the time I pick up the new wheel! I somewhat doubt it’ll be a genuine 3.25″. Oh weighs a healthy 1180g 😉

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Ok – I have got a few rides in now – this tyre is a riot!! 😀 I seem to be quite a bit faster on it than my usual fat front. The Crux seems to have more cushioning than an 4.8″ JJ – it accelerates faster, and corners more nimbly. I’m desperate to try it tubeless now, hopefully to gain after more mm in width and run at a slightly lower pressure. I,m very intrigued to try a full 29+ bike now 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Duro Crux 29 x 3.25’ is closed to new replies.