Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Durano Plus 700x32c alternatives
  • UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Been running a pair of these on my do-almost-everything bike. The rear one is now worn to the bone, but front one still has life left. So the plan is to swap the front to the rear and get something new for the front. Unfortunately they don’t do 700x32c in the plus any more.

The original brief was to be as puncture proof as possible, with a secondary aims of grippy and fast rolling. To that end the Durano Plus have hit the spot, not a single puncture in ether end. But thinking for the new front one, I’d be prepared to relax the puncture protection (a bit) to get something a bit lighter, with a bit more feel.

Any suggestions?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Continental Sport contact.

Cheaper than 4seasons and can’t tell the difference on my commute.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Randonneur Pro, Kojak, or even a Rocket Ron (33c is £15 at PX)?

clodhopper
    Free Member

We’ve used Marathon Supremes in 32c since last summer, with just one puncture each (both through the less protected sidewalls), and they’ve been excellent tyres. Much better than slicks in the wet. Surprisingly good even on quite loose surfaces. Fast enough rolling to embarrass the odd roadie. 😉

Bloody expensive though. 😯

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Nice one cheers all.

Interestingly I’ve now gone and read the Schwalbe recommendations, and looks like there is still some life in the old tyre. I was assuming it had worn out as I was starting to see the different layers of rubber, but Schwalbe suggests its fine till you can see the puncture protection. So may ride on for a while.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Durano Plus 700x32c alternatives’ is closed to new replies.