Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Durable heel repairs (men's shoes)
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I have a pair of smart shoes that I like, but perhaps because the heel is a bit thick I wear the back of it out fairly quickly. I had it replaced at Timpson with a thicker one and that wore out even more quickly.

The rest of the shoe is fine though and I do quite like them and shoes I like are hard to find, so what options do I have?

Also, another problem is that one toe seems to have been squashed. Can this be fixed?

the-muffin-man

You need some Segs…

Home

molgrips
    Free Member

Cast iron? Don’t think anyone with wooden floors would thank me…

Found some plastic ones on Amazon now tho of a similar idea. I reckon I could cut out the affected bit with a knife.

Also maybe hot water/steam fixes dents.. anyone tried? The shoe tree pushes it out perfectly so re-shaping is not a problem, just a question of making it stay.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

Blakeys!

There was a fashion to have those at school in about 1975. We’d see who could slide furthest across the playground on them. You got a 15yd run up to the start of the netball court line and then you just had to slide.

Some kid who’s dad had a box full of them ended up selling them to us to put all over the soles of our (platform, natch) shoes.

It must have sounded like a tap dancing squad with no sense of timing walking up the road when we went home from school. I think they got banned after the school hall was ripped to shreds by some kid who tried a slide into assembly.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Blakies 🙂 I ised to have those.

I am very heavy on my feet so now focus on rubber heel pieces as a minimum, is that what they put on ? Church’s have gone back to offering a decent choice of rubber soled smart shows as do Russel and Hobbs. Only durable sole for me.

scaredypants

Yay, haven’t heard the word “segs” for ages !!

(haven’t heard any word that sounds remotely like it for quite a long time 🙁 )

Rubber_Buccaneer

We’d see who could slide furthest across the playground on them

And sparks, had to see who could make the best sparks 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

DO NOT hammer segs into your Doc Martens.

You’ll have to do the farty walk of shame once you puncture the air cushioned sole.

wwaswas

Us poor kids mostly had to make do with drawing pins.

there wasn’t a notice in the school held on by more than one pin.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Durable heel repairs (men's shoes)’ is closed to new replies.