Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dura Ace RD 7900 shifter compatibility
  • tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Acquired an Dura Ace RD7900 rear deraileur of a mate, currently got it running with an old XT 9spd shifter with window and an ancient 9spd cassette.

Have access to XTR M980 10spd shiters @ trade can i use this and an HG cassette? Theres allot of talk of cable pull ratios n im p confused…

If not whats my best option going forwards as the cassettes junk and needs replacing anyway and i would prefer a shifter without a gopping window on it ^^ This is to go on my 1x roadrat…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Nope, MTB 10s was different to road 10s (although road 10s and 9s and MTB 9s derelieurs are interchangeable).

would prefer a shifter without a gopping window on it

Hacksaw and gaffa tape. I’ve some old LX shifters on my jump bike with most of the levers cut off/bent too to make them fit under the brake properly. Depends if you’re doing it for the look or for more pracical reasons though!

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Really wanna bin the shifter, trigger only is killing my i keep trying to push it up >.< I gave my 9spd xt’s to my GF for her hybrid >.> … (hatches evil plan)

njee20
    Free Member

Remove the window then. Easily fixed.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Still no double action on the shifter and i dont have the spare cover… Also as im gonna bin the cassette is there any way to get the system working @ 10spd?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yup, with a 10s mech, deore’s only £20 on CRC, if you can afford XTR shifters just get XT..

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

The mech is already 10spd, its just a different cable ratio to the 10spd mtb groups but i was wondering is there was a way to use the full 10? Else ill swap the shifter over from my gf’s bike which has my old 770 (she wont notice the difference between the 760 and the 770 but not having dual action on the up shifts is driving me crazy) and buy a 9spd HG80 cassette…

drovercycles
    Free Member

SL-R780 flat bar road shifters? That would seem to tick all of your boxes. You’d need a compatible front mech unless this is 1×10 (in which case I’m not sure if the gear levers are available individually).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dura Ace RD 7900 shifter compatibility’ is closed to new replies.