Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Dunwich Dynamo roll-call
  • brakes
    Free Member

I went along. We rode at a good pace and beat the rain to Dunwich arriving at 03:20am. Got soaked riding to Ipswich later on though.

DavidB
    Free Member

I was there rolled into the finish somewhere near 3.40am. I’m pretty sure I rode with 3 MTB’rs on road bikes for the last 20 miles as:-

a) hairy legs
    b) bit slack on the drafting front
    c) not trying to kill each other in sprint to finish

Weather was fine and “ah hahahahahahahaha” to all those who chickened out due to the forecast. Props to the bloke on the stand up bike and the bmx’ers. This was my longest ride ever, 245 miles from home to Dunwich. Beer with breakfast, ace.

tobymc

Christ! What time do you guys leave to get there at half 3? I trundled in at half 5.
    Fireworks at High Weald, and distant thunderstorms near the end were highlights. Chapeau to the guy on the tall bike!
    Gotta love the Dynamo….

DavidB
    Free Member

I left around 8.30pm.

Best chapeau ever to the 10/12 year old who rolled in with his Dad at 9am as we were leaving the car park

brakes
    Free Member

We left just after 8pm.
    Working with other people helped – sitting behind Dulwich Dynamo for 20 miles, then working with another couple of blokes for 20 miles, then with Horsham CC, then working with someone who actually knew the route (!) for the last 30 or so miles.
    Having decent lights helped to keep the speed up.

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

Did anyone else “take the scenic route” around Bidleston? We did a nice extra 6 and something K which I strongly suspect was started by following someone who was only looking for a quiet bush on a side road….

The lightning and rain definitely added to the atmosphere!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Dunwich Dynamo roll-call’ is closed to new replies.