Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Dunkeld Enduro 2017
  • moonsaballoon

Well that was a good day . Top bit of 1 was a bit much for me to ride blind to be honest and I made really hard work of it but the results seem to show me getting better with each stage .
    2 3 4 and 5 are just great , when you get those turns right on 4 it feels amazing .

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

First time at Dunkeld, loved 1 – was my best stage, 2 would’ve been ace if I hadn’t ripped a tyre, 3 I had kinda given up and just cruised down with a mate.

Absolutely brilliant tracks, queues kinda forced me to bin after 3 as I had a deadline, not complaining, as it was an amazing day, but not giving everyone timing chips til 9.30 was always gonna result in a bottle be. 2 hours to compmete stage 1.

I’ll defo be back in 18.

Johnbot
    Free Member

Had a storming day, the changes on the mast are excellent, it’s a really unique bit of trail now. We managed to get in early and were in the first 10 back so we had the luxury of no ques all day. All my runs were clear of crashes and i’m still buzzing from it.

Phil_H

Cracking day out. I feel slightly chewed up and spat out at the moment!
    Crashed at the end of stage 1 and trashed my shorts. Had to gaff a tape them up to stop them catching on the saddle. Cleaned the other stages and rode them better than last year.
    The queues didn’t bother me too much, gave me a chance to recover from the transitions!
    Does anybody know the overall length of the loop?

moonsaballoon

Strava says I did 22 miles and 4500 foot

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Top day out, every stage was a cracker. I too am utterly busted, by the last stage I could barely stand up on the bike and that wee pedally bit at the end of 5 just about done me in. Really has been the best days biking for a good while. The q’s were a bit of a drag, sweated up the climbs and then froze at the top then chuck yourself back into it. Not getting the timing chips at the registration seemed to be the culprit. Or even setting some folks of to ride 4 and 5 first might been a solution. Still takes nothing away from the day. Brilliant!

And a big thanks to competitor 136 who bailed out a buddy with a spare link after he snapped his chain and couldn’t find his spare, top chap! Some good karma coming your way.

poah
    Free Member

My wee girl vomited in the morning so I did t even get out to pollok park for a spin. On the plus side I cut the grass and tided the garden up a bit.

What was the tyre you ripped?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Minion DHR. Had it for 3 weeks, it’s now ripped twice. The bin awaits.

poah
    Free Member

lol I bought a DHRII in anticipation of going to dunkeld (before we were all sick).

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Probably more rider error to be fair, was at warp speed on the Rocky start to rake n ruin and hit a rock too hard, thinking too much about my time rather than the ride.

I’m pretty hard on rear tyres, I came away from maxxis on rear a while ago, but this one came with the bronson.

poah
    Free Member

could have been nasty

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvNV2spg8PM[/video]

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Oiyah!

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Dunkeld Enduro 2017’ is closed to new replies.