Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Dumped kittens
  • stox
    Free Member

some shits left 4 kittens next to my Car tonight. The kittens were only a few days old. Didn’t even have their eyes open.

They were inside a carrier bag with a pink towel in it. opened the bag and inside the towel was another TIED up carrier bag with the kittens in.

How on earth can people do this!!! Makes me so angry.

khani
    Free Member

There’s some nasty bastards out there.. 😕

crikey
    Free Member

It’s not a pleasant thing to do, I’ve got 4 cats….

..but in the grand scheme of things, what with battery farmed chickens, the dairy industry, the breeding of game birds for the 12th of August, pigs in pens and so on, it’s not something to be overly concerned about just because kittens are cute and furry.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jekkyl

What did you do stox?

rascal
    Free Member

W*nkers 😈
    Me and Mrs Rascal are going to the local cat sanctuary next week where unwanted cats are the norm unfortunately.

sweepy
    Free Member

We’ve got two cracking cats that were abandoned like that over the years. Hope yours do alright.

stox
    Free Member

Got hold of a lady from local cats protection who arranged for me to drop them at a local vets that she deals with so I ran them down there. They have gave them a feed and a once over and they are now in that ladies care.
    It’s 50/50 if they survive since they are only a few days old. They really need their mother so I have put a sign up outside basically saying we want the mother no questions asked. Can’t see it working but got to try.

Told the lady I have 2 cats and she thinks they have left them at my car for a reason

fasthaggis

My son helped out at the local cat protection,that’s where our two came from.He heard some sad stories ,some people treat pets like novelty items.
    🙁

bigtimebones
    Free Member

My cat is from Cats protection and he is the most loving, lazy, cute big ball of fur going.

It baffles me and my wife how someone could make him a stray or any other cat for that matter.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can’t understand people why do that as finding homes for kittens couldn’t be easier. These days because so many cats are neutered kittens are hard to find and really quite expensive to buy. IME anyway.

wallop

Heartbreaking, isn’t it?

We found our two as kittens – they had been dumped by the side of a river. Luckily we have since managed to give them a lovely life and they are happy kittehs.

stox
    Free Member

The lady said I can ring and see how they are getting on so I’ll be doing that.
    I’d take one on but I’ve got 2 cats, 2 Labradors and a pregnant wife so I’m going to have to resist!

Just hope they make it now.

JulianA
    Free Member

@stox – where are you? Would love to help if we could…

stox
    Free Member

@stox – where are you? Would love to help if we could…

Middlesbrough. They are with a lady from cats protection now….

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Middlesbrough.

Are they S Moggies then? 😉

stox
    Free Member

🙂

globalti
    Free Member

I once rescued a tiny kitten from the middle of a busy dual-carriageway, I think it had fallen off the underneath of a farm vehicle. Took it to the farm up the lane but nobody was in so I took it to another nearby farm where the wifey promised to look after it. Wish I’d kept it now, my son was about 2 at the time and he’d have loved it.

footflaps

I can’t understand people why do that as finding homes for kittens couldn’t be easier. These days because so many cats are neutered kittens are hard to find and really quite expensive to buy. IME anyway.

Yep, they go within 1-2 days from the local Rescue centres, people snap them up the minute they see them.

hora
    Free Member

If you were more local I’d have one. 🙁

binners

Same here. Our last addition was a rescue cat. He’d been dumped as a kitten, and was found feral and fending for himself. Soft and daft. The purring shadow….

The cats by binlidski, on Flickr

stox
    Free Member

All 4 kittens made it through the night and are feeding well 🙂
    Really would like to get the mother, I’ve put a sign up , but I’m
    Not hopeful of getting a call

Houns

I’d happily do very bad things to the scum who did/do this

Coyote
    Free Member

Stox, you are an all round good egg. Hopefully a bucket full of karma is winging it’s was right to you.

globalti
    Free Member

Ummmmm… I hate to upset the pussy lovers on here (and I love cats as much as you do) but dumping four kittens in a place where they’ll be found is humane compared with what happens to cats around the world. In Britain we like cats but in most other countries they are considered vermin and certainly not kept as pets. Even our local farmer, whose farm is over-run with semi-feral cats, admitted to me that he humanely kills a spare cat from time to time to use as bait for catching the foxes in his fox trap. He told me he doesn’t trap and kill foxes during the summer because he can’t bear to think about the cubs waiting hungry in the den for Mum or Dad to come home…..

mightymule
    Free Member

I’d happily do very bad things to the scum who did/do this

Me too.

Both mine are rescues and they are lovely (most of the time, discounting the live-rat-behind-the-washing-machine scenario last night courtesy of Rescue Cat Mk II).

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

….most other countries they are considered vermin and certainly not kept as pets.

Are you sure about that ? I would have thought that cats are kept as pets in most countries. Certainly they have been seen as very useful controllers of rodents since the Ancient Egyptians, and probably since wheat was first cultivated and grain stores were established.

mintimperial

Ummmmm… I hate to upset the pussy lovers on here

No you don’t, clearly you’re perfectly happy to try to do it, otherwise you’d keep your gob shut. Stop trolling.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Dumped kittens’ is closed to new replies.