Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dumfries Emergency Department are brilliant.
  • stumpynya12
    Free Member

I have ridden mtb’s for many years(old bugger),never had a big off and to cut it short I crashed big time yesterday at Dalbeatie on a trail I have ridden several times but heh it happens. Rode the 7km back to my van in absolute agony with a suspected dislocated/broken index finger. When I got to the hospital in pain, mucky and in shock I was looked at,injected,x rayed(twice) and then repaired by a BRILLIANT team of people. When we need mending they just do it 😀

Simon

I had a good experience in ’06 at the hospital in Dumfries after I had dislocated my elbow at Ae.
    I think they’re probably used to fixing broken mountain bikers, given their location!

Hohum
    Free Member

^^^^

I doubt he was the first and I am sure he won’t be the last!

Is the casualty up the Crichton hospital? I can see it from the back garden of my in-laws.

eth3er
    Free Member

Was there in 06 after a Hollywood style dismount at Ae, actually I don’t remember most of the weekend but they were good to me, it’s as if they’ve had lots of practice.

TomB

Write them a note. I work in healthcare and it is rare, but really appreciated, to get a ‘formal’ thank you from patients, especially if it goes to their bosses so they get official pat on the back.

Just a thought, thank yous are a dying art.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

They gave me a pack with copies of xrays and notes for my GP as I may need some further work/repairs subject to a check up next week and it had the names of the team who sorted me out on it. Letter sent off this morning as a big THANK YOU and it may just get them some praise from the management for a change.

ittaika
    Free Member

aye, the emergency department were brilliant for me as well. felt a bit daft staying in overnight with what was just a (badly) cut elbow, but very grateful all the same. poor sod beside me was there after breaking his leg in three places escaping from a mental cow (bovine variety).

chakaping
    Free Member

+1

Great service when I cut my knee open quite bad at Mabie a few years ago.

Apart from the student nurse putting alcohol solution into the gaping would instead of non-alcohol. Owwwww!

If she hadn’t been quite foxy I might have actually complained.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dumfries Emergency Department are brilliant.’ is closed to new replies.