Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Dumfries and Galloway Kayaking help please
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Hey all,

Planning a weekend trip to D&G to do some camping and cycling and thought that a wee bit of Kayaking might be good as-well.

Looking for a guide/guide company that can provide all equipment etc for a half day session for 2 beginners/intermediates-river/lake/sea whatever! we will be based near Newton Stewart but can travel a wee bit.

Any suggestions? I have found a few things on the net but mainly whole day trips or intensive sessions but all we would be after is a gentle wee paddle! if you know anyone/any place suitable let me know!

Cheers

geoffj

The campsite at Loch Ken rents out kayaks by the hour at ridiculously chap rates. Perfect for a couple of hours messing about on the loch.

They do a day parking ticket too, so I would expect that you could also rent the kayaks even if you are not staying there.

http://www.lochkenholidaypark.co.uk/park-facilities.htm

Trekster

there is a club in Dumfries but I will not be back home till next week, sons mate does a bit(or used to)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Dumfries and Galloway Kayaking help please’ is closed to new replies.