Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Dumbass thing to say .Why bother to have a bike ?
  • oldfart

Talking to a bloke today .He says i've got a Cannondale road bike that i paid £1500 for .But i don't ride it much in case it gets scratched or knocked about .I like it to look like new !FFS why bother ?Just save your money and every so often go and look at one in a shop .Tried to convince him about war wounds / memories etc but he wasn't having it .Ho hum !

thomthumb
    Free Member

that's cannondale owners for you; a strange bunch indeed!

knew some one who had a V. blinged out cannondale in his office – never ridden.

meehaja
    Free Member

My mate bought a brand new, never ridden orange 5 off ebay. The guy had had it a year, and never ridden it he said he "never got round to it"? mind you, I have a doctor friend who we took to the lakes on a borrowed bike. Bought a £3000 bike as soon as he got home, not ridden it since. some folk are weird!

RealMan
    Free Member

I think the people who get a £3000 s works stumpjumper custom build then put slick tyres on it and use it only to commute to work occasionally are worse.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

I couldn't care less

I'm sure that bicycle manufacturers like selling bikes to anyone they can and if they stay in business then i'm happy

except Whyte :SHAKES FIST:

obirobkeno
    Free Member

I've got a mate who built downhill bikes for fun, to the cost about £3000 of parts. He's got 3 in his garage, built them about 6 years ago and reckons he'll get £4k a pop! When I asked him where he rode, he looked at me like I'd made a comment about his momma and replied "RIDE THEM?!?!? I might get hurt or, worse, break the bikes!" He wondered why I couldn't stop laughing… 😀

coolhandluke
    Free Member

my mate got an Orange Patriot off Ebay that had never been ridden, hardly. It still had the little pimples on the tyres when they had been made.

Its criminal it is.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

think about it though

if bike companies only sold bikes to people that did justice to them then every bike would cost tens of thousands of pounds.

let these garage heroes subsidise our bikes i say

they also fuel the second hand market

bullheart
    Free Member

Whats the issue with Whyte, mrmichaelwright?

mattp
    Free Member

thomthumb – Member

that's cannondale owners for you; a strange bunch indeed!

that's what we call fighting talk 'round these parts

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/my-plugins/bb-smilies/default/icon_neutral.gif

and i still can't do the smilies thing so you'll have to take my word for it that i'm just pulling your leg and i'm not strange either…

BoardinBob

It's a bit like people that buy guitars to put in a glass display case 😥

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

petesgaff – Member

Whats the issue with Whyte, mrmichaelwright?

purely aesthetic and based on years of bating their owners

marins too

🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

I have a Cannondale. It gets ridden like a cheap whore on speed.

oldfart

Thinking about it no different to people who pay for gym membership in January then stop going in February 😯
    Heard on tv other day that most gyms do their costings based on this .At least the equipment doesn't wear out .

chakaping
    Free Member

Who cares? Why get uptight about what somebody else does (or doesn't do) with their bike?

Do you get angry watching Seinfeld because he's clearly never ridden that Klein on his wall?

😉

chakaping
    Free Member

It gets ridden like a cheap whore on speed.

I'm quite pleased to say I have no idea what that would be like.

😀

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

is the whore on speed or the client

makes a big difference

Junkyard
    Free Member

me too I mean expensive whores and cocaine then yes but cheap whores and speed ….
    Also own a Cannodale – largest ding you will ever see on top tube- and it is a road bike too.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

I have a Cannondale. It gets ridden like a cheap whore on speed.

Badly then

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

I have a Willier Izoard and Cannndale F100sl. Both are in bike bags under my bed and haven't seen the light of day since mid September last year. They will only be ridden sometime after Easter and only then on guaranteed sunny days. They'll get washed down and rag dried after each ride they're taken on.
    I don't care what you lot say

alpin
    Free Member

RealMan – Member

I think the people who get a £3000 s works stumpjumper custom build then put slick tyres on it and use it only to commute to work occasionally are worse.

there are shitloads of people like that here in Germany. buy the best of the best because they know others will say "ooooh!".

it does mean that you'll find some nice old retro bikes about at flea markets. mate picked up a pristine condition, bare steel Scott something-or-other frame for 35€.

busydog
    Free Member

A guy I work for is on his third mountain bike in 10 years (2 Specialized and 1 Rocky Mountain) and one cross bike (Gunnar) and between the bikes he has ridden probably not more than 6 times. I keep buying them from him at about 40% of what he paid and giving them to my two stepsons.

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP – was it justa?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Dumbass thing to say .Why bother to have a bike ?’ is closed to new replies.