Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Dumb question about international airmail tracking (and delivery)
  • higgo
    Free Member

So… I have ordered something from abroad. It is coming to me via airmail. I have a tracking number and it has left the country. Is that is for tracking until I get a knock on the door (or more likely a red “we waited round the corener all morning until you nipped out for two minutes” card).

Also… assuming it arrives with the Royal Mail the day or day after it left, how long should it take for delivery?

p.s. I think I already know the answers are ‘correct, it is only tracked to departure’ ‘how long is a piece of string?’ for delivery.

There is also undoubtedly an inverse rule in place linking how much I want to get my grubby hands on said item and how long it takes RM to deliver it.

wwaswas

it should ‘reappear’ once it clears uk customs I think.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Where is it coming from and who is the carrier?

If it is coming from the states via USPS my experience has been no tracking after leaving the states then either delivery by Royal Mail when customs let it through or a request for tax and a handling fee from Parcelforce which must be paid before they deliver.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I am misleading you, it was Royal Mail delivered even when duty was due.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Dumb question about international airmail tracking (and delivery)’ is closed to new replies.