• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Gunz.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 'Dumb' phone recommends please?
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Sick of the battery life bla bla. Bu what else is there?

Need a sturdy, small PAYG txt only jobby pref with huge standby time. One with a dedicated torch would be awesome!

Does such a beast exist? Pref available used and dirt cheap, naturally!

woody2000
    Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Thnks very much woody2000, will check it out, seems to tick all boxes. Is it tough? Was thinking used Nokia as my old outdated one was seemingly indestructible but I wouldnt know where to begin nowadays!

woody2000

Ah, missed the tough bit. Bit plasticky (obviously, it’s very cheap!), but I reckon it would survive being chucked in a bag and not shown much love.

kilo

Nokia 105, seems to be tough enough over th 6 months I’ve had it, very long stand by life as well

highlandman
    Free Member

Samsung B2100
    The coil sprung ‘Bomber’ of phones, ticks all of your boxes and still available new. Mine is about 8 years old and is now on its second battery (£6); lasts about 8-9 days on a charge.
    Has a torch, camera and not much else. Ideal kit for outdoor sports instructors, as it’s rubber covered and waterproof.
    I know several gamekeepers, woodsmen and the like who also still use them, as they’re likely to be working when you really need them.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Samsung B2100

Ah…

The exact one I put away in case of future requirement. ffs. 😀

STW delivers again! Big thanks! Now where was that box…

Gunz
    Free Member

I wouold also recommend the cheapest Samsung that Tesco do (no idea of model). £12 to buy and that includes £10 PAYG, I often lose it for over a week and it’s still on full battery when re-discovered.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘'Dumb' phone recommends please?’ is closed to new replies.