Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Dumb people prefer dogs to cats. Fact
  • oxnop
    Free Member

Just woke up to 6music news saying that brainy people prefer cats to dogs!?!

I'm in the dumb camp then.

Jamie
    Free Member

Must be a slow news day.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Seemed to be more a case of people in well paid jobs (with long hours) didn't have the time to put to a dog.

woodsman
    Free Member

A revelation, that I'd like to agree with! 🙂 😉

bruneep

I read it as those with cats spend waaaaaaaaaaayy to much time working, rather than those with dogs who know how to get the work life balance sorted.
    😉

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I have 2 cats but would like a dog. Where does that put me?

Karinofnine

I don't understand the question

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In the same corner as me Funky. 2 cats but desperately want a dog too. The favourite dog thread is killing me.

jon1973
    Free Member

I love to know who pays for this sort of research.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I prefer dogs. The meat is more tender.

woodsman
    Free Member

Whiskers!

grumm
    Free Member

Emotionally needy people prefer dogs for the unconditional love they give.

oxnop
    Free Member

I read it as those with cats spend waaaaaaaaaaayy to much time working, rather than those with dogs who know how to get the work life balance sorted.

agree.

But…. I have a job which I consider to be well paid (for someone living up north). It does require me to fly around the uk a few times each month and be away for 2/3 days at a time, on occasion i will work long hours too- luckily we have an understanding extended family which we needed to consider before deciding that getting a dog was the right decision.

Our dog allows me switch off from work & gets me outside on days when I'd prefer to have an extra 1/2hr in bed. Finn is now an integral part of our lives and I wouldn't change it – even if I thought that having a dog was having a negative impact on my career.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

i like them both the same

teagirl
    Free Member

I must be double dumb then. My cat died several years ago so I must have contracted dumbness after that.
    I may be dumb but my dogs keep me fit and give me a social life with other dumb people. A cat doesn't do that.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

billybob
    Free Member

I think lazy irresponsible people prefer cats.

Don't need to exercise or feed them & you don't have to follow them round with a bag to pick up their sh1t from outside my shed…

corroded
    Free Member

A pet that needlessly kills all the wildlife in its vicinity, craps in other people's gardens and remains indifferent to your very existence. Or an animal that saves, protects and enriches lives? It's a no brainer.

mogrim

Why do people think cats are completely self-centered, antisocial animals? Feral cats usually live in colonies, and my cat certainly comes to me for attention – and not just because he's hungry!

Either way, I've got a cat, a dog and two turtles. Which must mean I'm super-intelligent. I reckon.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It's a bit stupid to debate this pile of shite research in the first place. 😀

mogrim

It's a bit stupid to debate this pile of shite research in the first place

Yeah, but if we applied that thinking on a regular basis noone would ever post here…

fbk
    Free Member

Was that the same news article that suggested that your average carnivorous pet had a "Carbon footprint" similar to a family car. FFS. who pays these people!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, but if we applied that thinking on a regular basis noone would ever post here…

Good point! 😕

jahwomble
    Free Member

I think dog owners being dumber, would explain why more dog than cat owners owners seem to vote conservative and and tend to have more right wing leaning values as well.

Strangelove
    Free Member

I dont want to imply that any dog lovers on here are stupid but perhaps the less intelligent people prefer dogs because dogs themselves are a bit simple.
    As T.S Elliot wrote

The usual Dog about the Town
    Is much inclined to play the clown,
    And far from showing too much pride
    Is frequently undignified.
    He's very easily taken in –
    Just chuck him underneath the chin
    Or slap his back or shake his paw,
    And he will gambol and guffaw.
    He's such an easy-going lout,
    He'll answer any hail or shout.

I am not implying that any dog lovers on here are stupid

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I prefer people to animals… and they have the advantage that they can mostly look after themselves 🙂

nedoverendsmole
    Free Member

I would like to catch the clever c**t that lets his cat shit in my garden

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I would like to catch the clever c**t that lets his cat shit in my garden

it might be more interesting to meet someone able to prevent their cat from shitting wherever it liked…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah, I'd be interested in meeting them Barnesy. My three little f**kers come running in through the cat flap, when they're busting for a shit – despite the fact that both my neighbours on either side have huge gardens 😐

Drac

I currently have no pets, must make me super dumb.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

My three little f**kers come running in through the cat flap, when they're busting for a shit

ernie_lynch: cat trainer extraordinaire 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

I wanted the cats to win.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

cat trainer extraordinaire

You've got to be joking mate. Although I've got them trained in many ways – eg, they will generally come running when I call them, jump into my arms when I'm standing up if required …. etc, the one thing I can't crack, is how to get them to shit in the neighbours gardens like other cats. And in the case of 'Khani', the little git will sometimes shit in the bath. Presumably because he feels that I've been a little slow in cleaning out their two litter trays – despite the fact that I always dangle him upside-down a couple of inches above the steaming hot turd screaming abuse at him – the bashturd …… God I hate that 🙁

Mind you, they're not proper cats in other ways too – they are happy to 'play-fight' like dogs, which doesn't seem normal to me 😕 In the case of 'Ernie', I will torment him by slapping him around and blowing into his face and when he finally escapes from my grip, the sucker runs in full circle round the room until he's within my reach again, and I grab him, only to start all over again 8)

roper
    Free Member

I have pet spiders and bugs. I think I can guess what that makes me 🙄

westkipper
    Free Member

Mogrim, I'm guessing that you actually have TERRAPINS, not turtles. Clearly having that one dog has made you stupider- have it put down at once and get yourself another cat, that will bring your IQ up enough to recognise your own pets*.
    As for the survey, it was the result of 300 years of research by a dog owner- any cat person could have told you that in 30 seconds.
    * unless you do actually have a Leatherback, Olive ridley, Green or-so-on GENUINE turtle, in which case I apologise. 🙂

Mikey65
    Free Member

Don't see the point of having cats as pets unless you don't like your neighbours……Dogs are a good excuse to get off the sofa and get out in the fresh air to the local parks, woods etc. Had some great walks this year especially in the snow….never seen anyone walking a cat, just open the window or door and throw them out to cause a nuisance in the neighbourhood….Dumb dog owners !!! Don't think so…it takes more thought and care to own and look after a dog properly.

Flaperon

I was always under the impression that my cat keeps ME as a pet, rather than the other way round.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Don't dis the cats – or I'll set Pablo on you! 😆

bananaworld
    Free Member

Reluctant – was your basement cat trying to walk on the ceiling when it all went fubar…?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Dumb people prefer dogs to cats. Fact’ is closed to new replies.