Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dull which browser question?
  • tomaso
    Free Member

Just recently my battered laptop has been struggling. After much faffing and deep cleansing of unnecessary guff it was better but Chrome was sluggish and appeared to use loads of memory to run. So after being a Chrome user for some 6 years I am back to Firefox and it is much much better.
    What do others use and why?

PS I did warn this was a dull thread.

scaredypants

the one with no helper toolbars or addons installed will be quickest, I should think

somouk
    Free Member

Chrome has recently become very memory hungry, as mentioned above reducing the amount of add ins will help but it’s still a bit hungry.

Firefox has been better of late and should be a good alternative to Chrome so stick with that and see how it goes.

unovolo
    Free Member

Using Iron Browser at the moment which is basically Chrome but with all the crap/Spying stuff stripped out.

I like it.

grahamt1980

I like the more recent Firefox browser. It has the nice addons you can install to get rid of things you don’t want to see.
    Not saying more about them as might get told off.
    Go search

chewkw
    Free Member

I use Firefox with some add-ons and plugins for many years now. Can’t be arsed to use other browser as I am very happy with Firefox especially the security add-ons.

🙂

somouk
    Free Member

Be careful with Iron Browser, last I heard it was a bit of a scam and he’d also not released source code so who knows what’s hidden away.

chewkw
    Free Member

Firefox with NoScript a must for me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dull which browser question?’ is closed to new replies.