Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dull smartphone question apologies!
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Having just been dragged into the smartphone era, i have realised that I will trash my shiny new toy in a matter of days. do people use screen protector film or is a slip case the way to go to avoid rucksack/bike jacket trashings (Its a HTC Explorer if that makes any odds)

I dont want the other kids to laugh at me see

Ta STW

cynic-al
    Free Member

plastic case for sides and back, screen protector for front.

£5 on ebay should sort you.

stumpy01

I just use a phone sock. Got about 5 different colours for a few quid from eBay.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Dibbs
    Free Member
    xcgb
    Free Member

Cheers chaps

Cougar

I’ve always leaned towards a slip case. I’ve got the official HTC one for my Sensation, as it’s the only one I could find that wasn’t rubbish.

I’ve never subscribed to the idea of taking a slim, sleek device and turning it into a Nokia 5.1. Screen protectors pee me off. The downside to this approach though is if you drop it when it’s out of the case, it’s game over.

xcgb
    Free Member

Cougar
    Yes I went for this phone as i dont want a large lump

Do the screen protectors really work as well as nothing?

wwaswas

screen protectors are fine and do prevent a lot of scratches.

Having lost one phone that was in a jeans pocket that got wet I’m looking a the the lifeproof cases with some interest;

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/lifeproof-indestructible-case-for-iphone-4s-4-black-p34192.htm

cp

I use screen protectors and a slip case for my desire s. It spends most of its time out of the slip case though – that’s just for when it might get knocked about in a bag etc.. rather than in my pocket. It doesn’t go in a pocket with either loose change or keys though.

I find it’s a better policy NOT to use the hard case things. Bits get stuck between the hard case and phone and over time make more of a mess of the back than an unprotected one.

Cougar

Well,

They prevent small scratches, but (IMHO) often look like crap and reduce sensitivity. Last one I had lasted a week before I ripped if off. On the other hand, my OH swears by them. (I fitted one to her iPad, that was a right bugger of a job.)

flyingmonkeycorps

I use an Ikea sandwich bag when it’s in my camelback. Seems to work ok so far…

cp

I’ve never had a problem with screen protectors. They feel different for the first 5 mins, but after that (I guess as they get a little polished/covered in finger grease) they’re great. Virtually invisible on both iphone and the desire s I now have.

The downside to this approach though is if you drop it when it’s out of the case, it’s game over.

My desire s is fine after a few drops, not even any marking to the exterior.

Cougar

There are drops and there are drops, of course. I’ve dropped my Sensation and it’s been fine, but it was onto a cushion from a height of two feet. (-:

xcgb
    Free Member

Great replys guys cheers!

mav12
    Free Member

screen protector and leather flip case does me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dull smartphone question apologies!’ is closed to new replies.