Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Dull question. Please recommend me a " to do " app
  • roper
    Free Member

I need a reminder app which sends notifications of up coming events or deadlines. It will need to keep sending reminders until the deadline is met. Something which is easy to shuffle around with priorities. Preferably something which can crossover from ipad to android too.
    I’ve always avoided anything organisational before so I am starting afresh.

bruneep

Get a wife 😐

atlaz
    Free Member

I use Asana for both work and private stuff. I probably only use 50% of the “power” of it but it does the trick.

DezB
    Free Member

Google Calendar? I started using it recently and it’s transformed my life. OK, slight exaggeration, but it’s blimmin good, what with its phone apps, web page, feed, reminders (multiple, email/notification pop-up), etc.

davidr

I quite like Wunderlist as it’s simple and the apps work pretty well. iOS, Android, web and Windows versions.

Sandwich

Using Office365 at work? Todo app is available as part of the package. You admin will need to enable it.

BadlyWiredDog

Todoist is brilliant. Works across multiple devices and on the web, allows you to set alerts in multiple ways, share projects, add notes, prioritise, works seamless;y with calendars etc etc.

https://todoist.com

My adminoholic gf loves it. I loved it too until she set up a terrifying ‘domestic tasks’ project which then tried to take over my life at which point it started to scare me… 😉

footflaps

I use postit notes. When the glue fails and they fall off, the task gets dropped.

Riofer
    Free Member

If you’re using Google mail, calendar etc the get the Google Keep app great for lists, tasks, reminders etc

rossburton
    Free Member

todoist works for me too but some of the reminder stuff is pay-for I believe.

Cougar

I’ve never used it, but isn’t Remember The Milk supposed to be the daddy of the to-do app world?

I just use Google Calendar, but my requirements differ slightly from the OP’s.

cthomas18
    Free Member

I use Things. It hasn’t been updated in years, but there’s a brand new version coming out in a couple of weeks, so don’t buy it yet!

barkm
    Free Member

I use teuxdeux.com, spent a couple of years on todoist, I just prefer the simplicity of teuxeux.

loddrik
    Free Member

Re.minder. iOS only. It has ruled my life (in a good way) for years now. Would probably forget my name without it. Easily the simplest one I’ve come across. I rely on reminders for everything, this is the best for ease of use and postponing stuff quickly. Next best I’ve tried is Any DO, which is cross platform.

leffeboy

Wunderlist user as well

BadlyWiredDog

todoist works for me too but some of the reminder stuff is pay-for I believe.

Yeah, the premium stuff is worth paying for and they keep developing more features. I can’t remember how much it is, but it’s a well thought-out, very versatile app that gives purpose to my otherwise random existence. I’ve tried a few others, including Things and Wunderlist, but I reckon Todoist is significantly better for me at least. YMMV etc.

digger95
    Free Member

Trello has ‘due date’ function for the cards. It has a lot of great functionality / flexibility which might be of interest.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Dull question. Please recommend me a " to do " app’ is closed to new replies.