• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Dull question about the Aldi sale
  • It’s listed as Sunday 4th May.
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sunday-4th-may/

It’s not really just one day is it ?
    Did I miss it, or is it still on today ?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

No not just 1 day – stays on until they sell out i suppose.

Just been for a nosey myself but found it all a bit tatty to be honest.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Just bought a thermal T-shirt (ok for when it gets chilly again) and some arm warmers (bit naff but will live in the bottom of my commuting bag) this morning.
    The Px stuff is only slightly more expensive and waaay betterer.

scaredypants

it’ll still be on but by now anything left* will be out of its packaging, jumbled up and potentially missing bits – check thoroughly

*(our local aldi was mobbed by retired folk in RonHills yesterday so may all have gone, esp shoes & clothing)

I was going to get some cheap gloves.
    I can dry my thin lycra stuff at work, but if I’ve cycled in in the rain, it’s nice to have some spare dry socks and gloves to change in to for the ride home.

dannyh
    Free Member

Depends on where you are. My local Aldi will probably still have some stuff left in at mid week.

dannyh
    Free Member

I got some shoes as a one season summer shoe to take the pressure off of my beloved shimano am45s. I guess we will see, but can’t be worse than the dhb ones I got a couple of years back……..

smurfly13
    Free Member

The Casual shorts look surprisingly good – they are comfy, but not been on the bike in them yet!!

nbt

It goes on sale on Sunday, when it’s gone it’s gone. Gloves and socks normally last a while, shorts are often sold out by lunch. Gloves didn’t look hugely impressive, socks are good though

cookeaa

dannyh – Member
    I got some shoes as a one season summer shoe to take the pressure off of my beloved shimano am45s. I guess we will see, but can’t be worse than the dhb ones I got a couple of years back……..

The aldi ones that were in this time are the same as a pair I bought from them a year ago which lasted for about 3.5 hours riding. Their other more xc style shoes last well bur they had none that I could see.

Had a nose today, lots still there only thing I needed was a cheap jacket. Shell with Zip off sleeves should be alright for cooler mornings…

Bags seemed a bit pricey to me. The socks are always good…

dannyh
    Free Member

lasted for about 3.5 hours riding

About an hour and three quarters for me last night 🙁

Entire cleat bolty pedalling platform bit ripped out through the sole of the shoe and is still attached to my pedal as I write.

Serves me right, I know, but I thought it was worth the punt. I think they’ll refund me, but it’s another trip to Aldi when I could be doing something more fun.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

There were no gloves left at my local one on Monday… well I got the last medium ones.

teef
    Free Member

The socks seem pretty good – £2.99 – got myself 2 pairs.

cookeaa

Entire cleat bolty pedalling platform bit ripped out through the sole of the shoe

Sounds very familiar, I think a bit of sweat, some moisture and the stresses imposed by pedalling was all it really took to destroty the glue holding them together, not their best product really… the other shoes they did before have been great though…

I’ve been eyeing up some of decathlons cheap trainer-esq SPD type shoes but I need to get round to visiting the store, try them on, and give ’em a bit of a prod in the flesh as it were,

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Another negative experience re the shoes here.
    I had a pair a couple of years ago, they lasted 1 ride before the cleat section came away (just as dannyh said).

On the other hand, their lycra shorts (as liners) are about the best I’ve had. Comfortable and lasted longer than other stuff too.

DezB
    Free Member

Loads of stuff left in my local one. Just been in there as I borrowed their car park. Not much cop really – not sure why anyone would be tempted by the shoes – they weigh a ton!
    Only saw fingerless gloves.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Dull question about the Aldi sale’ is closed to new replies.