Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • (Dull!) Mortgages – where are the "good" deals?
  • woody2000

Maybe some of the STW IFAs can help:

In the process of moving, so will need to find a new mortgage (sadly – only paying 1.3% at the mo!). We'll probably be looking to fix for 3 years, just for a bit of stability. Got a £100k deposit, looking at properties circa £250k. Anyone found any good uns?

TIA

vinnyeh

I'm guessing you've checked whether the existing mortgage is portable to the new property?

woody2000

I have mate. We're selling, so it'll be a new mortgage on the next property sadly.

windowshopper
    Free Member

I'm in the process of moving my mortgage right now.

According to Moneysavingexpert.com the best deals are through brokers. I contacted a couple of brokers and found that they had deals I couldn't find or match through my own searches.

I have gone through the broker "London and Country Mortgages". Seem to have done a good job for me (touch wood!). And they are fee free.

Of the mortgages I found or was offered, the fixed-rate deals were significantly more expensive than trackers, so you have to ask whether rates might go up so much as to be more expensive overall.

Hope this helps.

woody2000

Cheers w_s

It's a quandary all right. My gut feeling is that interest rates will be back up to 3.5 – 4% by the end of next year, so do we take a short term punt on something but run the risk of not being able to fix at a reasonable rate thereafter. Aaah! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘(Dull!) Mortgages – where are the "good" deals?’ is closed to new replies.