Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Dull Monday in the office until….
  • MoreCashThanDash

A colleague got a call from his mates wife checking if her husband was still down here with him as he hasn’t got home from a weekend away visiting my colleague.

Colleague played a straight bat and said he hadn’t seen her husband for a month. A couple of calls later seems colleagues friend has been away with another woman.

There are kids involved as well. Messy. 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohh subtle.. 😆

jekkyl

‘not that friend, my other friend, you know… Jon from college, good ol’ john, we had such a blast.’

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Some mate.

wwaswas

Some mate.

quite, going away for an affair and using an unwitting friend as cover story.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

It works both ways. I agree wwaswas, but I also wouldn’t drop a mate in it in this situation, but I would then give him a total bollocking for putting me in that position, make it very clear I will never cover for him again, and do my best to make sure he sorts the situation out. If nothing else, the cuckold doesn’t deserve to find out in such a way.

boblo
    Free Member

A friend of mine did that to me when he was seeing his solicitor to preempt a messy divorce. His wife called my number to speak to him and of course, we hadn’t seen him….. She still thinks we were involved/in the know. Bastard thing to do.

fasthaggis

Friends don’t put people that they consider friends in that situation.
    It really is that simple.
    As Boblo said ,bastard thing to do .

eightyeight
    Free Member

Did he not read the ‘What to tell my wife hand out if she calls’ or even attend the seminar? FFS, “mates” now a days.

rene59
    Free Member

A mates wife once phoned me early on a Sunday morning. Concerned about his whereabouts, she hasn’t seen or heard from him since the previous morning and she was worried something was wrong, he was missing, no idea where he was.

“He wasn’t out with you yesterday was he? Maybe fishing or out on the boat?” she asked. I was getting worried now that my mate had been lost at sea or something, “No.” I said, “Haven’t seen him all week. Is there anything I can ….”.

“MIKE!! You lying *expletive* *expletive* … You weren’t out with Rene last night…” she was screaming at him on the other end of the phone.

Mate got busted, been somewhere he shouldn’t have and when put on the spot used me as an alibi. She played it out perfectly, served him right!

eightyeight
    Free Member

As Del Boy would say “Touch-ay”

People either need to a) not lie, or b) be better liars.

elliott-20
    Free Member

Fair play on your mate telling the truth.

I hate lairs and being lied to mores being embroiled into one because a so-called-friend can’t man up and face the consequences is not on.

I’d probably be letting him know my thoughts too.

edlong
    Free Member

Mates covering for mates, well that’s up to mates isn’t it, if they’re happy to do it, then that’s what mates might be for, but mates being used as cover without being notified / asked / briefed on the details, that’s not only abusing the status of “mates” but it’s also just bloody stupid.

Not condoning the “lying to partners” thing btw

annebr
    Free Member

Deserves it for being stupid.

mark90
    Free Member

This thread reminds me of my favorite climbing joke……

A man’s wife asks him to go to the store to buy some cigarettes. He walks down to the store only to find it closed, so he goes into a nearby bar to use the vending machine. At the bar he sees a beautiful woman and starts talking to her. They have a couple of beers and one thing leads to another and they end up in her apartment. After they’ve had their fun, he realizes its 3AM and says, “Oh, shit! It’s so late, my wife’s going to kill me! Have you got any talcum powder?” She gives him some talcum powder, which he proceeds to rub on his hands. Then he goes home. His wife is waiting for him in the doorway and she is really pissed off. “Where the hell have you been?!?!” “Well, honey, it’s like this. I went to the store like you asked, but they were closed. So I went to the bar to use the vending machine. I saw this great looking chick there and we had a few drinks and one thing led to another and I ended up in bed with her.” “Oh yeah?” She grabs his hands, which are covered with white powder, and screams, “You liar! You went climbing again!!!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Hmmm thing is though if you’ve not been briefed its tough shit, the Mrs could be ringing trying to trap him somehow, if you lie you both could be in the shit. Stupid fecker. All it takes is a text.

Northwind

I think even if I wanted to cover for a mate in that situation, which I might or might not, I’d end up awkwardly dropping them in it by mistake because that’s just what I’m like. Take note, STW-people-who-actually-know-me.

Suggsey
    Free Member

It’s not nice having this done to you, my work mate did it to me, didn’t bubble him nor did mrs s when at a function with his wife and him and I gave him a major bollocking as well as a lecture as he ” loves his wife”……but that’s another debate….
    Funnily enough since I retired he’s not shown a shred of interest or been in contact……whereas others who were less close to me have….
    He will be sad poor and lonely in his old age as I have predicted as the wife will always find out in the end!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Mate of mine once told me we were going windsurfing to Cornwall at the weekend. ‘Yay!’ say I ‘what’s the forecast?’
    ‘No idea. I’m off to Norway to meet Xxxxxxx. You do what you like.’ Not too easy as he and his wife lived not far away so I did have to sod off for the weekend.
    Cock.

bearnecessities

I liked Mark’s joke though.

…and yes, people can be vile/mind-bendingly stupid/irrational when new rumpy-pumpy is on offer.

Oxytocin clouds your judgement, don’t you know.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Dull Monday in the office until….’ is closed to new replies.