Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dull Car Insurance Question
  • rwm1000
    Free Member

I just want to go with someone decent and reliable.

Who is good according to ‘Which’?

Can anyone help?

prawny

If you’re not expecting to make a claim anyone.

In fact, as long as they’re not based in Gibraltar – anyone.

I work in insurance, we can all be great or terrible depending who you managed to catch and at what time.

I’m with Aviva FWIW – worked there for nearly 10 years (haven’t done for a couple), reasonably trustworthy.

nealglover
    Free Member

Who is good according to ‘Which’?

Have tried “which” ?

They have a website now 😉

prawny

Forgot to say, look for a Defacto 5 star rating – doesn’t mean their customer service is any good, but it means the wording is good enough.

johnners
    Free Member

IME (limited as far as claiming goes) experience they’re all much the same apart from price so I’m afraid there’s no real substitute for spending half an hour plugging your details into a few comparison sites. Then wondering at the difference between the Excess you specified and the one appearing in half of the results.

rwm1000
    Free Member

Thanks a lot for the replies. Great help.

I was looking at Aviva earlier so may go with them..

doublezero
    Free Member

I had a very poor experience with LV when a third party reversed into me side on.

Used their authorised repairers the job was so poor with an orange peel finish and overspray in all door shuts had to get the work re done by my choice of garage, this would have cost me £250 to use my choice of bodyshop initially which is why I used theirs.

The whole customer service experience was not up to standard and only improved once I got the CEO’s email. I’m back with Aviva now but not had to claim fingers crossed.

If you have any other Aviva policy’s they do good discounts

njee20
    Free Member

Moreth>n are alright. I worked for them for years. Don’t now, but they aim to be good, unlike Admiral whose business model is to undercut everyone on price and hope people don’t claim.

granny_ring

And when you do claim on Admiral, jeez they get you on renewal even if it wasn’t your fault.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dull Car Insurance Question’ is closed to new replies.