Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • Duff Bags delivery, anyone there?
  • cannondaleking
    Free Member

i have one of these 110ltr sea sacks if anyones interested https://www.wynnchester.co.uk/campgear/vintage-waxed-canvas-rn-duffle-bag/

i cant see me going back in the Navy after disbanding my branch lol

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Still no bag, no comms. Pity as bags seem to get good reviews but the company is a joke. Losing patience, next step is Paypal refund request…

VonMarko
    Free Member

Paypal refund issued today, don’t forget you have 180 days to claim for non delivery. Seems strange duffbags will still take money on there website for items they are unable to give a delivery date for

towzer

thanks VM – that is useful advice – will set a reminder … not that long now

mjb

Also just asked for a refund. Email in Jan to say that they would be ‘doing their best to put things right’. Their best seems to be doing absolutely nothing so after 4 1/2 months i’ve given up and bought one from Alpkit. It might cost twice a much but at least i’ll be able to use it!

BillMC

‘navel issue’……eugh!

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

contacted duff again, got an identical email to last time! I’m bored of waiting and would rather get money back than risk going over 180d paypal refund – maybe Duffbags want me to do this as it is easier for them?

Would never bother with them again, am going to look at Alpkit (thanks mjb!), or might just go back to the old blankets that have worked for years!

Shame really as I don’t mind waiting and want to support a start up company, but their communication is appalling – you feel like they just don’t give a sh1t and I’ve had enough of that

grum
    Free Member

I’d email trading standards. They’ve actually been quite handy for me in the past with shops not meeting their obligations. He might get the kick up the arse he clearly needs idea get several complaints.

modmodworld
    Free Member

Ordered bags, contacted Duffman for a delivery estimate, then Andrew said that he would look into when my order would be dispatched. Then nothing, despite a few emails chasing the order. Had to chase my refund through PayPal, which he settled a day after they would have intervened by taking the funds back. I wouldn’t deal with this person or company again. if you can’t fulfil orders then you shouldn’t be taking them in the first place.

Rich
    Free Member

I opened a Paypal Dispute, more to try and get a response to my emails than get a refund, asking how long the order would be.

I just got a refund issued. No explanation, no apology.

I even ordered a bag that was apparently in stock.

Duffman
    Free Member

Hi,
    I am from duffbag. First of all I must apologise for the delay with some orders and slow response to emails. We have been very busy over the last few months, much busier than usual and this has caught us out. This has put strain upon our business and has ultimately led to one of the business partners leaving the business unexpectedly which took a bit of sorting out to say the least. This has been resolved over the last few days and I have taken over the business completely now and invested in new production. We have a huge batch in production now that is scheduled to arrive later this month that will clear the backlog and put stock in time for spring sales. We will be switching our website to preorder only whilst we catch up.
    As I have taken over the business I have been sorting out refunds and cancellations for those that do not wish to wait.
    Once again I apologise for the delay and the situation, the business was started to produce products for UK mountain bikers and it has been a terrible period for us as we have struggled with the challenges that we faced. With hindsight we could have handled things better and we very much appreciate those that have stuck with us.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Nice reply Duffman -but- one month on and still no bag has arrived. Can we have it straight this time are you going to fulfil the orders or is it best to get a refund?

Duffman
    Free Member

Hi,

A quick update to the question raised above is that the bags are all finished and are on their way to the UK, we are expecting them in next week and will be packing and despatching as soon as they arrive. I have been sending out emails pretty much same day as they come in for people requesting updates as well as updating the Facebook page frequently. If I have missed any emails please contact me via the duffbag site and I will respond. It is difficult sometimes to know who I have spoken to and who I have not as the forum names and real names are mostly very different..

It has been a long wait for which i apologise and it has been very difficult to get through this period, I thank you for your patience and support.

Billy Boulders – if you can drop me an email via the duffbag site I will come straight back to you with an update on your order, the delivery sequence is mini kit bags, monsters, Stealths, kitbags (red and black) and finally race bags. They will be arriving on different days through the week so if you could let me know what you ordered I can give you more information.

iolo
    Free Member

Is this the way to run a business Duffman? You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Accepting money for orders that you could’t deliver in a timely manner and not replying to any questions until the very last minute.
    Amateurish and stupid!

towzer

just had delivery of two monster bags ordered end of October.

Mainly relieved as the paypal 180 days limit was nearly here and I felt that cancelling before it occurred would have been sensible given the general hassles involved.

v8ninety

Wow. Thank goodness for this thread; ordered 2 bags (mini and red one I think) last year and completely forgot about them. I wonder how many people have paid their money and eventually forgotten about them…

Duffman; have you actually got a list you are working through, or are you relying on people getting in touch? Ie; do I need to email again, or will you just eventually get to me?

Cheers,

Chris

roswell
    Free Member

I had a promise of a delivery in 7/ 10 days on the 14th April. Still not arrived. Certainly wouldn’t order from them again. Good job I didn’t need it quickly!

Northwind

I’m tempted to buy another one just so I can be furious about it.

toys19
    Free Member

northwind+1

I waited a long time for my monster bag, but it was worth it.

It is hardly criminal mastermind of the year to take £40 off you, I think they are just a new business finding their feet. I mean Brant, Cy and lots of others on here have been crap at delivery, thats part of the issue with being able to get cheap, but good quality kit. So either suck it up and wait, or go elsewhere. Personally I was courteous and got courtesy back, and I was happy that my 40 quid was eventually going to lead to something good.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Toys – I’ve been courteous too and have been “sucking it up and waiting” as you put it, for 6 months now.
    I STILL HAVEN’T HAD MY BAG DELIVERED
    How much longer do you recommend I suck it up courteously for?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I ordered a second Monster Bag recently (I bought a bag and a few duffle bags a few years ago) and was promised it fairly soon. Still no bag.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Only until just before your right to a refund expires. Once that happens, you’re pretty much stuffed.

jairaj

Is it just the bag people are waiting for or are communications taking a long time too?

I e-mailed them quite a few days ago and not heard anything back even though they claim to respond with in 24 hours.

chalky63
    Free Member

I’ve waited over 4 months so far. Polite emails back and forth until I asked for an exact delivery date then total silence.
    Asked for money back and to cancel the order, no reply. It’s now a PayPal dispute, and surprise surprise they haven’t responded to PayPal either, yet.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I asked for an update yesterday, have heard nothing. Bit of a shame as last time round (2012) had good service and got bags promptly

v8ninety

Unfortunately, I suspect that the parrot is dead…

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

I bitched and moaned on Twitter and Facebook and got the following response in early March 2015:

“Sorry for the lack of communication and information coming out from duffbag, it has been a very difficult time for us to say the least. The business partnership had some serious issues that have now been resolved over the last few days, I have now taken sole charge of the business and have invested new funds so we can get back on track. I am aware of the Singletrack thread but have been unable to comment with anything concrete until the business partnership issues were resolved and we know what direction we are going in, I will be issuing some comments to try and address the obvious damage that has been done to our brand.
    If you still want your bag I can now say that we are in full production again and will be fulfilling orders during March. This whole thing dragged on much longer than I anticipated, for that I apologise and admit with hindsight that we could have handled it better. I have seen your comment on Facebook and will delete it for now whilst I update the page with new information.”

Then got a couple of emails about 1 month later, then the bag ARRIVED a few weeks after that! – all in all just shy of a 4 month wait. I was also using the paypal cut off as my endpoint.

It is a good bag, but sadly not much use now as it is bone dry where I go riding. So by the sounds of it I got lucky, but despite the quality and value I won’t be going there again as its not a customer service model that I enjoyed!

robdob
    Free Member

The business is really a scam now, I have no idea why people wait more than a couple of weeks myself.

You’d have to be mental to order anything from them IMHO.

jambalaya
    Free Member

🙁

roswell
    Free Member

I received my bag from them earlier this week. It seems alright. Perhaps not worth the close to 6 month wait but I wasn’t in any rush. I was going to leave it to the end of this month then open a PayPal dispute if I hadn’t received it.

Their communication in response to my enquiries has always been fairly good (albeit misleading with anticipated timescales), although I have never tried to pin them down to a specific delivery date.

I personally wouldn’t order from them again unless they sort out their delivery timescales. Their product seems alright but I would probably spend a few pounds more to get a similar product from any other established and reputable dealer.

Perhaps they will sort themselves out in time and become a great retailer. If and when that happens I may use them again.

v8ninety

The business is really a scam now, I have no idea why people wait more than a couple of weeks myself.
    You’d have to be mental to order anything from them IMHO.

This, sadly, seems to be the case now.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I personally wouldn’t order from them again unless they sort out their delivery timescales. Their product seems alright but I would probably spend a few pounds more to get a similar product from any other established and reputable dealer.

Glad to hear you got your bag, hoping mine arrives soon.

Who else would you buy from, would be happy to look at some alternatives

robdob
    Free Member

Who else would you buy from, would be happy to look at some alternatives

Anyone who gives more than a distant chance of receiving anything would be better. 😉

roswell
    Free Member

Hi Jambalaya,

I was looking at military surplus tbh, it was called a deployment bag. It is 75 litres instead of duffbag’s 50 litres and comes in black cordura canvas so should be really hard wearing. It has shoulder straps so can be worn as a ruck sack. I only wanted a decent sized bag to leave in my boot for all my work kit, nothing to do with biking! You can pick them up from the official British military surplus website for £15 plus delivery which was £5 or £10 I think. My only concern was it might be a bit big.

The Duffbag appealed as it was what I was after (size and style) and the price was really good. Couldn’t care less about the supposed changing mat (I think that is the flap at the top) or the internal pocket for boots/ shoes etc, neither, in my opinion, particularly useful.

lawman91

Still not got mine, 4 months I’ve been waiting now…

selkirkbear
    Free Member

I know you shouldn’t have to but keep on their case via e-mail etc.

I eventually got mine on Friday after 5 months waiting and numerous e-mails.

v8ninety

Anyone got a current email address that works? Or do they just use the contact form? I’ve been back and forthing with ‘Andrew’ but no reply most recently.

iolo
    Free Member

If they owe so many people bags or refunds but have no communication is that a criminal matter? I am not a lawyer but maybe a few legal letters might shake their arse a bit.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Result! A mere seven and a half months after placing my order I took delivery of a duffbag today. Unfortunately not the size I ordered (out of stock apparently) but a bag has arrived nonetheless.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Wow that’s amazingly awful!!!!! No response from Duff bag on here! Shame as their new little one looked great!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Duff Bags delivery, anyone there?’ is closed to new replies.