Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • duck eggs?
  • joemarshall
    Free Member

I have just been to the local people with chickens in their field and it turns out they have ducks too, so I have some duck eggs. Can I just poach them like normal eggs or are they different in some way?

Joe

chvck
    Free Member

I always treat them the same as chicken eggs, they’re just bigger and nicer!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

they are just like chicken eggs only, well, eggier

adstick
    Free Member

They’re richer than a hen’s egg with a more ‘rubbery’ white. As a result I reckon they make better scrambled or poached eggs than boiled. Great for cooking with too.

Had some goose eggs the other day which are even bigger and more strongly flavoured. Yum.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Prescott used to duck eggs didn’t he?

joemarshall
    Free Member

Oooh, it made a very nice cheese & tomato omelette with lots of mustard and a bit of nice cheddar.

It also avoided the age old 2 or 3 egg lunchtime omelette dilemma, as 2 duck eggs turned out to be an awful lot of egg.

Although having read up more about how much cholesterol is in them compared to normal eggs, maybe this won’t be an everyday thing!

On the down side, two of the eggs in the box have had holes pecked in them, which I guess makes them spoiled which is a waste.

They have geese too, so goose eggs are the next step on my eggsplorations, although at 75p each, they’d better be jolly good, that’s only 5p less than half a dozen normal eggs.

Joe

marsy8493
    Free Member

Plug for my business.Large fresh Duck Eggs, 25p each from Marsdens Butchers, Nottingham

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

p&p?

marsy8493
    Free Member

Collection only !!!!!!

IanMunro
    Free Member

I got a turkey egg, a goose egg and a mystery egg off a local gamekeeper on sunday. The turkey egg was odd in that the yolk was really thick compared to a chicken one. Haven’t tried the goose one yet, but it looks big enough for an ostritch!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘duck eggs?’ is closed to new replies.