Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Dubai, why the hell do people even go there?!
  • trout
    Free Member

All those tankers they could remove the cabs and weld them together to make a pipeline 💡

footflaps

Lovely beach resort (not):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7663883.stm

Down on the beach next to the Dubai Offshore Sailing Club and the fishing harbour there’s a stink: raw sewage is flowing into the sea close to prime tourist beaches.

and

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/4380051/Dubais-polluted-beaches-closed-to-public.html

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I liked it and so does my bro in law who lives there earning 1/4 mill tax free a year. Another 5 years to go and he’ll be retired in the French alps in his home there aged 48. Worth the 10 years of heat and dust.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I liked it and so does my bro in law who lives there earning 1/4 mill tax free a year. Another 5 years to go and he’ll be retired in the French alps in his home there aged 48. Worth the 10 years of heat and dust.

Nahh. You can keep the money.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I assume people go because their moral bone is much smaller than their makes shit loads of money bone

This.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

Don’t know what bikes you ride but non of the ones I design are made using slave labour.
    I recently visited a helmet factory in china. Staff there work 8am to 5:30pm with a 1.5 hr lunch break where they all go have a sleep in the dormitory.

YEA THE DAY YOU VISIT ANY WAY!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

YEA THE DAY YOU VISIT ANY WAY!!

STOP SHOUTING!

Any actual evidence that Brants helmet* factory has anything untoward going on or just random mud slinging?

*haha, I wonder if any of them polish them, would Brant pay more if they polished his helmet at the end of the tour?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes brant tell us about your helmet caps lock shouty girl demands it 😉

gordimhor

‘A cheap holiday in other people’s misery, I don’t want a holiday in the sun’

grum
    Free Member

Did you ask his slaves what they thought about it?

CountZero

At the risk of being hypocritical, lets not start slagging off slave labour. How do you think the bikes we ride and clothes we wear are made? The foundations of western lifestyle is built off the back of slave labour. The conditions for the labourers there are pretty dire, but they still come in their droves due to the cash they earn.

Anyone else see the contradiction in that statement?

DrJ

Bit of an exaggeration, maccruiskean 🙂

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/dubai-sewage-trucks.shtml

plyphon
    Free Member

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Dubai, why the hell do people even go there?!’ is closed to new replies.