Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Dubai for a week – 2 Adults – What's to do…………?
  • the_lecht_rocks

What can we do for a week in Dubai.

Never been but people either love or hate it…….

Me and Mrs TLR – We dinnae have kids.

TIA

hugor
    Free Member

Beach, pool resort thing.
    Indoor ski field. Dubai mall. Open bus tour.
    You could contact hot cog MTB group for a ride.

I was one of those who loved my week there.

franksinatra

Sex on the beach. Apprently they are quite open minded about that sort of thing.

lucien

Frank – need to get drunk first, then sex, then it ALL kicks off

kimbers

i think you can buy human slaves there

fill yer boots!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Sex on the beach

I doesn’t sound like they have that kind of relationship.

Me and Mrs TLR – We dinnae have kids.

the_lecht_rocks

lol…….

geetee1972
    Free Member

Of course the irony is that it’s precisely those that do have kids that are least likely to be having sex of any kind, let alone on a beach!

wrightyson
    Free Member

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wUdiyJC7PBw[/video]
    Bro in law works out there a lot, reckons this is well worth a visit!!

jon1973
    Free Member

avdave2

A week in Dubai!

Don’t take anything sharp or any pills or medicines. Leave your belt at home and take only slip on shoes. Ask for a room on the ground floor. Good luck. 🙂

br
    Free Member

What can we do for a week in Dubai.

Never been but people either love or hate it…….

So why are you going?

the_lecht_rocks

Might not go, depends on feedback, etc….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dubai for a week – 2 Adults – What’s to do…………?

Book somewhere nicer. Sorry, but I really don’t like it. Soul-less. Like Canary Wharf with a beach.

Caribbean or Mauritius, similar money, much, much nicer. IMHO, of course.

the_lecht_rocks

Don’t wanna sit on a beach but want somewhere with great restaurants and things to do…

Just spent 3 weeks blasting round Europe on the motorbike so need a week of relaxation….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t wanna sit on a beach but want somewhere with great restaurants and things to do…

New York, Amsterdam, Boston, London, Paris, etc. etc. Restaurants and lots to do? Yep. Relaxing? Nah.

Caribbean? Ace food (Hmmm, feeeeeesh!) and lots to do. Sail, wakeboard, scuba, canoe, etc.

😉

the_lecht_rocks

Been to New York, hate Amsterdam, London I like for theatre and only been to Paris once.. Never been to Boston though….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Never been to Boston though….

Right time of year….Autumn colours, etc. Lovely little city as well.

the_lecht_rocks

Yeah but I’d want to head north to cape cod etc, then I’d need a fortnight,…

TrekEX8
    Free Member

And don’t take Flintstones DVDs in to Dubai either, they don’t let you watch them.

But Abu Dhabi do……..

geoffj

TrekEX8 – Member
    And don’t take Flintstones DVDs in to Dubai either, they don’t let you watch them.
    But Abu Dhabi do……..
    POSTED 38 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

😆

toby1

I was only there over a weekend, but shopping seemed to be the main activity, shops just like the UK, but a bit more expensive!

corroded
    Free Member

There was a recent Dubai thread that summed up the hellhole (if your idea of hell is Lakeside shopping centre, melanoma-inducing sun, six lane traffic jams and utter soullessness). cFH’s advice is sound.

edd

My advice (assuming that you actually want to go to Dubai – I would take CFH’s advice):

Watch the sun set at the 360 bar.

Watch the British expats at Barasti beach bar.

If it’s warm go to either the Wild Wadi or the Atlantis water parks.

Check out the aquariums at the Dubai Mall or the Atlantis Hotel. In either case I probably wouldn’t pay to go in just enjoy from the public areas.

Go to Bur Dubai, it’s great, very lively. Eat the shawarmas, visit the souks, take it all in.

If you’re looking for an upmarket meal I can recommend Teatro restaurant in the Towers Rotana hotel.

You can cross the creek on RTA dhows (much cheaper than going on a dhow trip).

Possibly a desert safari?

If you want to mountain bike contact the Hot Cogs.

Edd

jambalaya
    Free Member

I don’t like Dubai and wouldn’t recommend it to you.

What we did was have a fabulous week in Oman. Get a nice beach hotel to do the chill out thing, have a look round the souk in Muscat, do some desert dune 4×4 driving, visit Wadi’s or the hotel set deep in the desert. The diving is excellent there, you could do a course or just snorkel.

We stayed in Al Bustan Palace hotel , have heard mixed reviews of the Shangri-La resort up the coast.

Boston is a great city too btw, you can take a trip out to Cape Cod if you rent a car to drive into the “countryside” we did a tour taking in Hancock Shaker Village, some of Vermont and Mystic Seaport (boat/whaling museum) over a few days.

wl
    Free Member

The only good reason for a trip to Dubai is on the way to some other, far nicer long-haul destination, surely? Looks and sounds like an overpriced hell on earth designed for shoppers and ex-pats. Maybe I’m wrong though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

the_lecht_rocks – Member
    Yeah but I’d want to head north to cape cod etc, then I’d need a fortnight,…

Cape Cod is an easy drive from Boston just do a couple of days (Whale watching was fantastic, dues, pretty seaside towns like Chatham) – the tour above I did in a week with 3 days in Boston itself, we drove out and back from NYC.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Dubai for a week – 2 Adults – What's to do…………?’ is closed to new replies.