Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Duathlon – Road or Offroad events up north?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I did a couple of on road duathlons in Ripon last year and really enjoyed them, however this year they are only open to club members 🙁

Does anyone know of any on road or off road events in the north, as I am really struggling to find anything !

Thanks

fifeandy
    Free Member
    chrisa87
    Free Member

That city to summit looks great as an idea. Would be amazing in sunny weather, but miserable as sin if it rained all day!

curto80
    Free Member

It’s not going to rain all day. It’s going to be lovely. With a tail wind the whole way. FACT.

curto80
    Free Member
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dalbeattie hardrock, 10 mile run, then round the red route, usually first weekend in october.

alanf
    Free Member

There is a autumn off road series around North Nottinghamshire, clumber park, sherwood pines, Holme pierpont? I forget the name of them. Also they do a spring road series too but I think they may have already be completed.

chrisa87
    Free Member

It’s not going to rain all day. It’s going to be lovely. With a tail wind the whole way. FACT.

sunny, but not too sunny? I assume you’re doing it? Can you do a write-up, I might be interested for next year 🙂

Andy_K

Hi Terrain events run duathlons, mostly in cumbria and kielder I think.

fifeandy
    Free Member

sunny, but not too sunny? I assume you’re doing it? Can you do a write-up, I might be interested for next year

No, no write up – i’m already half committed for next year, so don’t want to read about the world of pain/midges/headwind/rain that it’s likely to be!

theteaboy
    Free Member

I’ve done a couple:

Off-road at Grizedale – both runs up Carron Crag and a ride round the North Face trail.

On road in the Helwith Bridge Duathlon – this is a brilliant race with runs on lumpy roads and the ride is a lap of Ingleborough from Helwith Bridge through Ribblehead and Clapham with a pub at the finish.

I’ve never made it through the second run without cramp!

singletracksurfer

The cycling events website http://www.pedalplanner.co.uk had a load on it last year, but there doesn’t seem to be so many on this year.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Duathlon – Road or Offroad events up north?’ is closed to new replies.