Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dually Tubeless setup
  • vinnyeh

I’ve just built up a set of Dually’s, is anyone running these tubeless- what prep/setup did you need to do?
    There seems to be a biit of conflicting info around on what’s needed/the rim’s suitability.

Will be running Chronicles, to begin with anyway, if that makes any difference.

TIA.

frood
    Free Member

One wrap of gorilla tape and mine have been happy since last december. I topped up the stans about a month ago, running chronicles too

dovebiker

Had to use ghetto-tubeless (split-tube) and a couple of wraps of tape to pack-out the rim bed to make up for sloppy bead fit.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Exactly the same as frood. No problems.

tazzymtb

wrap of stans tape, has gone with a track pump with knards, chronicles and fat b nimble no problems.

vinnyeh

OK, thanks all, only one problem user then 🙂

What tyre, dovebiker?

ssboggy

Same as tazzy with Chronicles but the Dirt Wizard seemed a bit loose, it went up ok but I could easily push the tyre off the bead so I now have a surly rim strip in there as well with no problems.

Clobber
    Free Member

ssboggy what rim strip did you use please?

I’ve got 3 or 4 wraps of electrical tape which I needed for the knard, but like you I can get the DW to burp quite easily.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Same as ssboggy and clobber – Dirt Wizards are very burpy, but I think that’s possibly down to the crappy thin sidewalls. They did go up very easy though. Oh, and one wrap of Stan’s tape for me.

BillOddie

I used 2 wraps of gorilla tape on mine with Chronicles. and the only time they burped is when I was doing massive sideways skids on grass, showing off for my kids.

ssboggy

ssboggy what rim strip did you use please?

I put one of the Surly rimstrips that are for the rabbit hole rims, they aren’t quite wide enough but when the tyre inflates the tyre bead drops off the tape and seems to be held in place by it. I.e. the tyre cannot be pushed away from the edge of the rim as its holding it in place.
    Not had any problems so far with it.

I did use gorrila tape before and it did work but i hate the mess it leaves on the rim when you try to remove it

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dually Tubeless setup’ is closed to new replies.