• This topic has 14 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by njm.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dual position coil Rockshox
  • Merak

Howdo,

I have a set of new Sektor 110-140mm forks.

I’m having a bit of trouble activating the dpc feature. Is there an audible click when the top spring is compressed then isolated? I can’t seem to make it happen!

Any pointers gratefully received:)

yunki
    Free Member

I have the revelation air version..

the short answer is no 🙂

your travel decreases but that’s about it.. it’s a great system but takes a bit of faith until you’re used to it..

freeridenick
    Free Member

I have DPC coil sektors.

you have to push reasonably hard and there is no click.

best bit is when locked down, turn the knob back to max travel. then just ride down from the top and bingo you have full travel again without any fiddling.

Merak

The thing is, there doesn’t seem to be any change in the height at all?

freeridenick
    Free Member

not engaged then,
    you will notice them drop
    do you have coil?

carlos
    Free Member

On the left santion (when sat on the bike) there is a marked ‘set point’. Basically you need to compress the forks to this point before the dual position will engage.

Depending on your weight and spring fitted, this might or might not require quite a bit of push down force.

1) turn dial on left stantion to minimum position
    2) turn dial on right stantion all the way anti clockwise as this makes it a tad easier to start with
    3) move O ring to lowest point
    4) push down to activate dual position (you can always see how far you got by measuring to O ring travel)

HTH
    Carl

Merak

Aye its coil.

Do you have to push them right down to the set point at the top of the stanchion.

I know I’m not doing something right here?!

nedrapier

I’m looking at getting these shortly.

How do they ride at 110? Same characteristics (travel aside!) as at 140, or a bit compromised?

Merak

Beat me to it carl. Thnaks a lot, my fears are confirmed. I’m a weakling!

freeridenick
    Free Member

ed – pretty similar.

rebound feels faster maybe cos the coil is under tension?

carlos
    Free Member

Oh and Its much easier to do whilst at least rolling along, rather than in a track stand in the garden/garage.

Merak

All points duly noted.

Appeciate it.

nedrapier

Cheers nick. Just wondering if they can be ridden as a 110 fork if the mood takes you.

I had Marz ETA’s a while ago, and you woudln’t want to ride very far with them locked down, they really were a climbing-only lockdown.

Sounds like these are much better? About the same as U-turns at min. travel?

freeridenick
    Free Member

Yes better than ETA. as they dont pack down like ETA

exactly like my u-turn pikes – just less winding and the best bit is as I pointed out above – you can flick to max travel on the climb ready for the down. I often found myself forgetting with uturn

njm

I had the same problem, I found (a) that it seemed to get easier as the coil bedded in (or that could just have been me getting used to it) and (b) that it worked best if I bounced it a couple of times, rather than trying to do it in a single compression.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dual position coil Rockshox’ is closed to new replies.