Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dual Flow rebound in Sektors
  • jamiesilo
    Free Member

2013 Sektor RL Solo air forks.

since they are 2013 RLs, they have just an ‘open port’ rebound assembly and a standard MoCo damper, as i understand it.
    i’d like to upgrade the rebound assembly first, to dual flow, as seems to be consensus.

Is it just a standard one from a set or Revelations?

ie this one?:
    http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/353/r5545030/rockshox-rebound-damper–seal-head-assy-revelation-10-13.html

AND, if i wanted to upgrade the compression damper to DNA, but stick with RL adjustments, is it just this one, from Revelations too?:

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=132656;page=2;menu=1000,2,121;mid=95;pgc=18313:18319;orderby=2

anybody done one or both of these to sektors? is the DNA upgrade worthwhile?
    guess i’ll do rebound first and see if i’m happy.

granny_ring

I’d speak to Simon (LoCo) for advice.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

so would i, but it’s the weekend and i’m impatient!

monkeyninja
    Free Member

I got the dual flow rebound assembly from loco a few years ago and it transformed the sektors. I still use them on my slackline and they have brilliant coil plushness with good dampening, never bothered swapping out the compression though!

Northwind

Leftfield option- there’s lots of old revs out there now and you need to neglect them pretty damn hard to kill the dampers. I needed a bit for my ancient blackbox rev teams so I got another set with stanchion wear for peanuts, passed on bits I didn’t want to other folks…

Well worth the upgrade imo, the compression dampers have got better too but it was always the rebound that held the old motion control back.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

smart. i’ll give loco a call on monday.
    aye, i’d prefer the dual position coils than solo airs turns out,

carlos
    Free Member

jamiesilo – Member
    smart. i’ll give loco a call on monday.

As its a Bank Holiday I’d leave it till Tuesday

jamiesilo
    Free Member

righto, no idea, in france : )

jamiesilo
    Free Member

just a bump to see if anyone can confirm actual parts
    anyone?

(still impatient)

warpcow
    Free Member

I bought RS part no.: 11.4015.397.020 for the same thing. Listed as Black Box Moco rebound damper and seal head, or something. Not sure if it’s available anymore though as they updated to the ‘rapid recovery’ stuff (it’s not available anymore where I bought mine, hence no link).

jamiesilo
    Free Member

thanks warpcow : )

jamiesilo
    Free Member

can find that too at mountainbikes . net , so i guess i can choose older blackbox (is dual flow), or newer simply called dual flow.
    apparently it’s better and seemingly cheaper!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dual Flow rebound in Sektors’ is closed to new replies.