Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • DU bush replacement
  • drfrasiercrane
    Free Member

Does anyone replace their own DU bushes. If so what tool do you use ? Where can I get one ?

Cheers

johnners
    Free Member

BETD do one, it makes the job very easy indeed. TFTuned sell one too, but it’s the same thing. Some people use sockets and a vice – the tool’s much easier and quicker.

Olly
    Free Member

BETD do a tool, which includes a bush, for 15 quid i think.
    sounds expensive, but well worth it.

one of those things that would be a sod to bodge (using a suitable sized socket and a hammer), and risk knackering your shock;
    having the tool for the job makes it take 2 mins, and easy peasy
    the bush they supply isnt DU, its a plasticy thing, but they seem to last much longer and are cheaper. (2 quid each once youve got the tool?)

if you go down that route, DONT grease the bush when you put it in, the plastic absorbs it and it dies soon after.

uplink
    Free Member

I got a handful + a tool from this guy
    http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/mtnbiker4life_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZ

Some bearing suppliers will have them too – if it’s for a Fox you want 08DU08

TFTuned also do them as do BETD

LBS should have them too

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and risk knackering your shock

if you’re hamfisted enough to damage your shock using a hammer and socket then I’m not sure the BETD tool would save it…

MrAgreeable

What bushings are you trying to replace Frase? If it’s the main eyelet bushings on your shock, Ian PV has the proper tool to do it, and it really makes it a doddle.

lowey

Or get the bushings and post a begging thread to see if anyone has one you could borrow. Like I did and Mr. Vortexracing very kindly obliged.

twohats
    Free Member

I used an old threaded front axle and a socket last time!

The cone was the same size as the DU bush, socket slightly bigger than the Du bush, axle through the shock, socket one side, cone the other and tighten, hey presto, instant DU bush puller.
    Fitting was pretty much the reverse of the above.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘DU bush replacement’ is closed to new replies.