Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • DT350 Freehubs wrestling
  • tomaso
    Free Member

So I have a secondhand DT350 rear road hub and I cannot get the freehub off the hub.
    My mountain bike wheels have DT350 hubs and the freewheel just pops off easy as you like.
    I’ve applied some oil and lots of force but no joy. And yes I have taken the end caps off.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I’d guess the axle is rusted to the bearing inside the free hub body.

With the left hand hub flange resting on somthing soft ish you should be able to tap the axle through from right to left.

Edit don’t hit the end of the aluminium axle with a metal hammer. It’s easy to mushroom over the end of the axle of your hamfisted

postierich
    Free Member

Bike ranger to the rescue!!

orangeboy
    Free Member

Or you could put a cassette on the wheel and hit the cassette from behind with a punch

tomaso
    Free Member

Will try tapping out the axle as suggested with a soft faced hammer.

And no Richard I am not calling in the professionals! See you for a slip and a slide around Claife tonight.

benpinnick

Have you tried it with the cassette on? As mentioned you can drift the axle out too, but I find that putting the cassette on and then whacking the wheel on the ground gives enough momentum to the cassette to pull the freehub off! Id not recommend doing this on either new wheels or rough/coarse ground though. On a nice patch of grass is ideal.

tomaso
    Free Member

Unfortunately it is just a hub, so the wheel whacking option is out. I could put a cassette on though.

tomaso
    Free Member

It is being stubborn and resisting my brutal bashing.

Oil and time and being applied…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘DT350 Freehubs wrestling’ is closed to new replies.