Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DT X1800 Wheelset – any experence??
  • StuF

I’m considering getting a new set of wheels to replace the old deore/alex ones on my cove HJ.

Has anyone used/abused a set of DT X1800 – Are they any good?

ScotlandTheScared

Those are the cheapo DT hubs – only 2 pawl pickup. I ride similar hubs – DT cerit and they have lasted well. They’re a bit slow on pickup and now after 3 hard years the bearings have finally given up the ghost and I can feel the pawls not quite picking up smoothly. In that price range you can easily get some of the hope hoops or get some proII hubs built up onto your rims of choice. Hope probably have easier to come by spares and are a bit cheaper.

Also, my DT wheelset had alloy nipples, but after 3 years the nipples are knackered and keep snapping. I cant tell if the X1800 have alloy nipples, but thats worth a check.

So in summary, mine lasted OK for 3 years but are now fairly screwed and I am going to get some hopes instead…

StuF

Cheers StS, I think they’re brass nipples and I found somewhere selling them half price so they work out about 70-80 quid cheaper than a new set of Hope PII – I might just wait and try and find some hope PII on the classifieds.

ScotlandTheScared

If you can get them cheap then great! Like I say – they lasted well for me for 3 years. Good workhorse wheels… and if they’re brass nipples you should have less problems than I have had…

Mister-P
    Free Member

Parts are not that difficult to find or overly expensive for the DT hubs.

smurf
    Free Member

Any reason why you wouldn’t get a set of Roval Traversee wheels instead – few threads on here about them.

smurf

StuF

twice the price…
    shop

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DT X1800 Wheelset – any experence??’ is closed to new replies.