Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • DT Swiss XPW1600 front hub
  • Flapjack
    Free Member

Hi
    I have a set of these wheels which I believe were/are specifically made for Cube by DT Swiss.
    My question is does anyone know if it is possible to convert the front hub from 9mm QR to 15mm so I can fit my bolt through Floats onto them?

I have seen that CRC do a DT front hub conversion kit from 9mm to 15mm but this is for 240s hubs…….anyone know if these are compatible or has any one done such a conversion on these wheels or am I looking at a new 15mm hub?

Thanks & any help much appreciated! 🙂

FJ

Konastoner
    Free Member

I have a set too, they are not 15mm compatible due to the bearing size which is 12mm I/D.

Flapjack
    Free Member

Bugger. I’ll have to find a compatible 15mm hub. Never having changed a hub, will it need to be a DT unit for spoke compatibility etc?

coatesy
    Free Member

As long as the spoke holes are about the same PCD, and the hub flanges are a similar distance from the hub centre (we’re talking a few mm here), you should be fine using the same spokes (assuming they’re the correct length to start with).Keep them in seperate groups, and mark them as such on disassembly eg Brake Side Outer to make sure they go back in the correct place.

Flapjack
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I’m going to need a 28h 15mm front hub, does anyone make one as they all seem to be 32h?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss XPW1600 front hub’ is closed to new replies.