• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by dale.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • DT Swiss XMM 120mm forks… Opinions?
  • mboy
    Free Member

It’s been a long while since I’ve ever considered anything from Pace, but I understand that the quality of the forks is a lot better these days since DT Swiss took over manufacture. Anyway…

How would you rate the XMM 120mm forks against say a Reba or a SID with Blackbox damping? I know they’ve got better mud clearance than equivalent Rockshox (a big plus point), but what’s the performance like in comparison?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I understand that the quality of the forks is a lot better these days since DT Swiss took over manufacture

I bloomin don’t 😐

boxfish
    Free Member

Been riding the XMM140 for two years with no issues.

mogsuncle
    Free Member

I’ve had XMM120s on my Nicolai for over a year and have had no issues with them. They don’t take a lot of maintenance. After a few rides they feel really good.

I’ve been happy with them although I am now looking at replacing them with something a bit lighter as the QR15 tapered version is a bit weighty compared to other similar forks from Fox and Rockshox.

fizzicist
    Free Member

Got some XMM140s. They’ve been back for a warranty rebuild after the travel adjust failed, they’re now pissing oil all over the brakes.

Just get a pair of Fox and be done.

CaptainSlow

XMM120s here. Over a year in, well ridden and still going fine. There’s some good deals to be had if you shop around.

I’d buy the same again if I needed to.

mboy
    Free Member

Rorschach, care to elaborate? I’m keen to understand cos I’d thought they’d significantly improved…

Wouldn’t buy Fox if I was paid. Stupidly short service intervals, warranty issues galore. No ta!

Just musing cos I know at the moment some top notch deals can be had, and the lack of mud clearance on my (admittedly very good) Reba Team’s annoys me somewhat.

nicko74

Just get a pair of Fox and be done.

You mean… if you want to be messing about with warranty repairs, stupid service intervals and suchlike, just buy Fox?

Waderider
    Free Member

I have a set of XMC130 (I think) and can report they have been reliable over two years of frequent use.

PrinceJohn

Just musing cos I know at the moment some top notch deals can be had, and the lack of mud clearance on my (admittedly very good) Reba Team’s annoys me somewhat.

Yup the mud clearance on those is shocking – I’m still contemplating swapping them for revalations that can be reduced to 120mm as they have more clearance, or some of the modern marzocchi’s which are apparently good again.

dale
    Free Member

I nearly bought a set of them ,they were going for £220 new from germany but was put off by the non home servicable damper, has to be sent away to pace (nitrogen filled bit like a rear can)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss XMM 120mm forks… Opinions?’ is closed to new replies.