Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DT Swiss XMC130 or Fox 32 RL 140's?
  • campfreddie
    Free Member

which would you go for?

both 2010 models, both the same price.

want something well suited to a lighter rider.

noskills
    Free Member

I can’t comment on the fox forks but I had the non carbon DT Swiss before going 29 and they have been my favourite fork by a good margin. Currently running Fox 34 140 29 which are well liked by the bike press but the DT Swiss damping is much more supple whilst still holding up well and not blowing through its travel, the chassis is also incredibly stiff for a 32 fork even for a big 200lb lump.
    In answer to the weight part; my sister (about 110lb) now has them on her Nicolai and also loves them, gaining some extra suppleness at the lower pressures whilst retaining the control.
    If they brought out a 140 29 version I’d snap hem up!

noskills
    Free Member

Oh and forgot to mention the 200hr service interval for the DT Swiss compared to Fox’s utterly ridiculous 8-10.

boxfish
    Free Member

DTs every time.

normski
    Free Member

Both are great forks but its worth noting that DT UK (Pace Cycles) are not allowed to sell spare parts at retail and that includes wiper seals so home maintainance is very much limited 🙁

CaptainSlow

norm – I’ve seen the seal kits for £40. I’m ordering some supergliss 100K to change the oil in mine and clean them up in the spring. I doubt I’ll need spares and if it’s anymore complicated than seals n oil I’ll happily throw them at a tech for a proper service. they’ve been faultless to date – I’d def buy again.

normski
    Free Member

CaptainSlow can you post a link for the seal kit please? Ive a mate who wants some

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss XMC130 or Fox 32 RL 140's?’ is closed to new replies.