Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DT Swiss XM481 or EX511 Rims?
  • zelak999
    Free Member

Reckon the XM rims will be sturdy enough for general trail riding, BPW, Trail centres, Dartmoor rocks etc?
    Or should i go bullet proof with the EX511s?
    Anybody body run either?

SirHC

EX511’s have only recently been released. I’ve been running the EX471 on my Reign since february, been given plenty of abuse (Antur Stiniog, Revs, BPW, Mega, Morzine, Molini, along with riding in shropsire every weekend), no buckles or damage to the rims.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I’ve killed a 471 so wouldn’t go near the 481s. Next time I’ll get the 511

welshfarmer

481s here, done a week in the Alps and plenty of rocky stuff round here over past 6 months and still straight and true.

tomaso
    Free Member

481s for a year of Lakes, a bit Wales, Scotland and Alps carrying my svelte 90kg without issues.
    No idea about the 511

wrecker
    Free Member

481’s have been great for me. Even got this 15 stoner down the last bit of snowdon with a flat tyre. Not a mark on it.

hatter

Richie Rude ran the same EX511 on the front all season according to DT”s FB page soo they’re pretty damn tough.

If you’re not that much of a rim masher then get the XM, and if you kill one replace it with an EX, I think they’re the same depth do you should be able to switch between them without needing new spokes etc.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

If you ride hard then get the EX511, I have the EX471s they are great.

zelak999
    Free Member

Sounds like the XMs are pretty hardy. I don’t so much ride hard as land hard!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss XM481 or EX511 Rims?’ is closed to new replies.