Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dt Swiss squorx wrench?
  • mudmonster
    Free Member

Best place to buy one please?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

If you are building DT rims, you can do that using a spare spoke to feed the nipples in through the rim and tighten using a standard spoke wrench, if that makes things easier and cheaper…

benpinnick

Pretty much any bike shop can get you one. They arent all that expensive and in stock with Madison.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Thought I’d better use the proper tools for the job. Will ask in the bike shop.

wrecker
    Free Member

Make sure you have some spare nipples, I rounded a couple of the squorx ones off and would have been screwed without a couple of spares.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Got millions of them by the look of it.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

If you bought rims, you get 2 spare per rim.

tillydog
    Free Member

An ‘E5’ external Torx socket fits the Squorx nipples. I don’t know it the official tool is different, but the socket didn’t hold the nipple securely enough to feed it through the rim without risking it dropping out (especially with the washers on, too). Still needed to use the ‘cut-off cotton bud’ / ‘spare spoke’ trick to get them fitted, then the socket on a screwdriver to wind all the nipples down to the end of the spoke threads. I still ended up doing the tensioning and truing with a conventional spoke key.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Ahh, the size is useful to know. I’ll look for that, thanks.

stevied
    Free Member

I made a tool using a standard disc rotor bolt (same size as squorx nipple head) which worked like a charm.
    Didn’t fancy spending £15 on a tool I’d use a couple of times at the most.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Genius, I’m gonna do that 🙂

dgb1
    Free Member

That’s very ingenious stevied – well done sir!
    Had I read this before last week I’d have saved myself €15 on the part

mudmonster
    Free Member

Here is my effort. Was a pain trying to drill a hole against the grain of the wood, kept going off to the side. Not tried it yet.

jamiemcf

I got one from Germany. I also bought black squorx nipples but they had to be sent from another German company.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dt Swiss squorx wrench?’ is closed to new replies.