Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • DT Swiss QR End Caps for XD Driver
  • fathomer

I’ve just got a new set of wheels which are 142×12 with an XD driver. I’ve also bought a second hand set of these, thinking they were what I needed to go normal QR.

Having just tried to fit them I’ve come to the realisation that they’re not! Apparently you need XD specific ones, part no. HWGXXX00S3115S.

Unfortunately I can’t seem to find anywhere in the UK that stocks them. Anyone care to point me in the right direction as my googlefu is weak.

_Ben_
    Free Member

Worth trying acycles.co.uk. They’re in France, delivery to the UK is very fast – I recently needed some 15mm thru hub adapters and they were the only place that had them.

mboy
    Free Member

Almost certain I’ve got a spare one kicking around at work that came off my old bike. No longer have anything with QR back end (nor do I have DT hubs any more!) so it’s not much use to me any more… Will have a look for you tomorrow.

Northwind

It’s an XD specific part but it’s just the same as the original one, with the “brim” of the top hat a little smaller, so it’s pretty easy to modify what you have to fit. It’s about a 20 second job in a lathe (even a little toy lathe like mine), or you could do it with a file if you’re patient.

Backwards compatible, too, though you lose some bearing shielding.

fathomer

bruneep – thanks, that’s now my fall back. Google didn’t find them for me.

_Ben_ – they where the only place I found with stock, I’m just pretty desperate so was hoping I could find somewhere next day.

mboy – have sent you an email.

Northwind – unfortunately I don’t own a lathe and don’t know anyone that does. File might be an option, though pretty sure I’d make a mess of it!

Ioneonic

Ask Malcolm at thecycleclinic.co.uk

hatter

Swinnertons cycles have them in stock.

Madison code HBDTS3188S

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss QR End Caps for XD Driver’ is closed to new replies.