Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • DT Swiss product?
  • juan
    Free Member

What do you think of them?
    Are they any good? I wouldn’t buy anything else for spokes. But what of the remainder?
    Tempted by a fork but I would like to know what people think of them.

nomakoman
    Free Member

I run xmc 130’s and theyre great! uber stiff and no stiction whatsoever..lockdown is a great feature for climbing too. Plus the carbon lowers look the nads! Tempted to get some shorter travel versions when i go 29er

JoeG
    Free Member

DT Hubs = excellent. No personal experience with their suspension, though.

CaptainSlow

I have some XMM 120 forks that I’m very impressed with.

chestrockwell

I’ve got some XMM140 forks and think they’re ace. Take’s a bit of time to set up perfectly but once I’d sorted mine I prefer them to both the Fox and RS Revs I had before.

spectabilis
    Free Member

EXM 150’s here and i’d second rockwell ^^

Amazing fork soooo smooth .

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well so far DT240s hubs are lasting better than Pro 2s ever did for me. The rims are fine too, although I prefer Mavics. Nice kit IMO 🙂

fivespot
    Free Member

Their 12mm tool free axle on my Mega is a superb design.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Hubs are awesome, even the cheaper OEM Onyx/Cerit/370’s are pretty good.
    Rims appear to be made of cheese, even if they are fairly light-I’ve run them for 3 years on xc bikes & they seem to dent pretty easily & I’m not heavy on kit.
    Can’t really comment on suspension as I’ve never run it for enough time to have a decent opinion.

njee20
    Free Member

The reliability on the XRC100 forks was utterly dismal, hopefully better now, but I’d not pay £1000 to find out.

Hubs and spokes are great though, not a fan of their rims.

boxfish
    Free Member

XMC130 + XMM140 Forks – very good once bedded in. Fault free so far.
    XM1550 Tricon wheels – jury’s out. Light, stiff but only time will tell on durability
    240 hubs, various spokes + nipples… all very good.
    15mm thru-axle… hmmmm, use the original plastic-handled ones with care.

strike
    Free Member

EXM150 forks are brilliant, as are the XRM100 Singleshot forks. Having some issues with a pair of XMC120 Twinshot forks, currently, however, Pace are getting them sorted. I’m sure once they’re fixed, they’ll be great too.

The quality/construction of them is on a par with Fox (ie all metal parts) and better than RS.

mboy
    Free Member

Hubs and spokes are great though, not a fan of their rims.

What he said… Won’t use anything else on my own bikes, but the rims really are poor and best avoided!

Not tried the suspension though, keen on an XMM120 for my hardtail though as it has a lot better mud clearance than my Reba

fbk
    Free Member

Another vote for the forks. XMC 130s in the past; XMM 140s now – love them both

atlaz
    Free Member

Got some (road) wheels. Very happy with them once I’d worked out how their ratcheting system worked (it’s better than QR IMO but puzzling when you first see it).

Northwind

Hubs are superb. But expensive.

Twodogs

I’ve had XM1550 Tricon wheels for 2 years…light, stiff and still holding true after all that time, including a Transrockies

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss product?’ is closed to new replies.