Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • DT Swiss OL One Piece Mag 120 Forks Advice please.
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Morning all,

I have the above fork and whenever I pull up to wheelie/manual/ drop off etc, the fork when at full extension, has a little knock in it. Apart from that they perform brilliantly. They’ve never been taken apart and they have less than 100 hours use on them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

hatter

Sounds like the negative spring’s not quite doing what it should, let all the air out of them and start again to reset it.

Could also try running a little bit more rebound damping.

If you’re coming up to 100 hours use you probably should think about giving them a lower leg service as well, nothing major just a clean and fresh oil, should prevent a bigger service bill down the line.

strike
    Free Member

Do you know which type of airspring they use – the older ABS system or the newer air/coil spring?

The ABS springs suffer with harsh top-out after a while as the ABS valve gums up with oil over time, diminishing the negative air-spring that softens top-out.

chestrockwell

My old xmm’s started doing that and were fixed under warranty. Been fine ever since.

strike
    Free Member

It’s a dead easy fix – you remove the lowers, remove the cir-clip that holds in the air spring assembly, then pull out the air spring – you then compress the ABS washers/rings to squeeze out the oil and then ‘flick’ the air spring to purge the remaining oil. Then on re-assembly use suspension grease (such as Slick Honey) instead of oil to lube the airspring – by using grease the valve won’t block again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss OL One Piece Mag 120 Forks Advice please.’ is closed to new replies.