• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • DT Swiss M210 Shock Problems
  • Ladders
    Free Member

Hi Everyone!

A while ago I was out on my Scott Spark (2012) and the DT Swiss rear shock gradually sagged until it was at the bottom of it’s travel.

As I had no shock pump with me I waited until I was home and inflated it again to the correct pressure. Unfortunetly it will now not hold pressure when you ride it.

I did a search on the internet and though the most likely cause would be dryed out seals, so I ordered a seal kit and some suspension grease to see if greasing it would work on it’s own. If not I would try new seals.

So after unscrewing the can I found that all the seals were totally dry, with quite a lot of rubber dust inside the can. So good lube with the grease, assemble, and it held up for 10mins riding! I then tried fitting the new seals, although this was made hard by not being able to find any instructions, or any diagrams for the M210! So I replaced all the seals I could, except for the ones that fit to the smaller diameter shaft. Again, will stay up for 10mins riding, but then the air comes out again!

So I’m at a loss of what to do now. I can just about ride the bike if I keep the shocked locked out. It seems to stay up when it’s locked out! I have tried tightening the shreder valve on the shock as well. I have also tried fitting the seal round the smaller shaft, but they were totally different to the original ones, and hasn’t fixed it either anyway!

So any idea’s? Do I just send it of to a Shock Tuner for £90? Am I better to save the money and fit something like an RP23?

Thanks for any help!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss M210 Shock Problems’ is closed to new replies.