Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dt swiss hub problem
  • kirky72
    Free Member

Having problems with a dt swiss star rat get hub, xm1501 running with an xt m8000 11 speed hub. When you stop pedalling it’s not free wheeling, acting more like a fixed as in when you pedal backwards the wheel turns backwards.

Didn’t work well with a praxxis wide range cassette either, last time it was fine was running with sram cassette and expander sprocket. Off the bike the hub feels fine as in it’s turns properly one way and is free wheeling the opposite. I took it apart degreaser cleaned up and replaced the springs etc added a little of dt swiss red grease but without success.

Any ideas or solutions much appreciated.

jimdubleyou

Any ideas or solutions much appreciated.

Did you put the springs back properly?

Don’t think you can put the ratchets back the wrong way round?

Did you use too much grease?

There’s a service guide on the DT website which I followed – not experienced same symptoms as you though

symes
    Free Member

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be one of the bearings not fully seated, off the bike fine when fitted the bearings just tighten up a little.

kirky72
    Free Member

Sykes, how did you remedy it. Can you easily just press them back where they should be,reseat them?

symes
    Free Member

The bearings should be able to pushed home as in the instructions on the DT site they have comprehensive manuals for the service of these hubs. Worth checking the freewheel has gone back on fully too.

enmac
    Free Member

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Turns out I had put the springs in the wrong way round. A previous time I had left the spacer out with a similar effect.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dt swiss hub problem’ is closed to new replies.